Where to practice parallel parking in BCS

1,294 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Maedan86
Maedan86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got a kid who's ready to take his driver license test, but needs to practice parallel parking.

Can anyone direct me to where there are some parallel parking spaces in BCS?

Many thanks!
doubledog
pick any quiet side street. Bring two traffic cones.
AggiePhil
AG
There's always the parallel parking test zone at the DPS office. I know people use it a lot.
Stupe
S
The driving school that is at the corner of 29th and Briarcrest always has their test site set up.
Maedan86
AG
Thanks all. We had tried the cones but they were too small and we couldn't see them
maroon barchetta
Took my son behind Mosher and Krueger dorms back when he was learning. Went when there weren't many vehicles parked there.
MiMi
S
Maedan86 said:

Thanks all. We had tried the cones but they were too small and we couldn't see them

You can put broomstick handles or PVC pipe on the cones to make them more visible.
91_Aggie
AG
If doing test ar Bryan DPS you should practice there... pro tip, if your kids touches a curb with the wheel, you fail right then. I suggest you do it in Brenham
jac4
AG
Taught my oldest son at Greens Point elementary in the drop off line on a weekend. We used lawn chairs to denote the parked cars.
TyHolden
AG
in front of Texags next to Looch's Land Rover
maroon barchetta
jac4 said:

Taught my oldest son at Greens Point elementary in the drop off line on a weekend. We used lawn chairs to denote the parked cars.

Greens Point? The one in north Houston?
Smeghead4761
91_Aggie said:

If doing test ar Bryan DPS you should practice there... pro tip, if your kids touches a curb with the wheel, you fail right then. I suggest you do it in Brenham
Dang...when I took the test (not in Texas), you had to curb the front wheels like you were parking on a hill.
Tailgate88
AG
Lots of people practice driving and parallel parking at CSHS. There used to be some cones in the parking lot on the band hall side of the school you could use to practice with.
jac4
AG
maroon barchetta said:

jac4 said:

Greens Point? The one in north Houston?

Whoops, I meant Greens Prairie Elementary. SMH
Maedan86
AG
Thanks again everyone for the replies. We did some practicing at the Bryan DPS. Like the lawn chair idea…will be doing that next. He is my last of 3 to get driving- our late surprise in our early 40's so it's been awhile since I've had to do this. We'll be going to either Brendan or Hempstead for the test.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.