COCS Launches New Capital Projects Tracker [Staff Note]

4,889 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by KidDoc
Bob Yancy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In order to keep citizens informed of exactly how and where your tax dollars are spent, city staff worked hard to create an online map app and listing of capital projects.

It is located at:

https://www.cstx.gov/CIP

You will find 76 projects at approximately $445.3 million in cost. The vast majority of these projects are roadways, sewer, sidewalks, water, storm sewer, etc.

There are very few discretionary projects in my opinion. The majority are basic city services upgrades in order to keep up with a burgeoning population to better serve the citizens.

Hats off to city staff for creating this interactive, transparent and highly informative tool for folks to keep track.

[We appreciate Mr. Yancy's participation on this board and discussing subjects that are important to members of our community even if they are hot topics that can become emotional. The link that he has provided has a lot of information that can derail this thread into a lot of different directions and we are going to keep it on topic to the features of the website and not individual discussions about projects. Users may start new threads if there is a specific subject that needs to be discussed. Thank you. -Staff]
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I think that's actually pretty cool.

A feature to filter between the different project types and phases would be handy.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
Anything that increases transparency is a step in the right direction.
Bob Yancy
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

Thanks for that. I think so, too.

Respectfully,

-yancy
AggieCVQ
Awesome. Thanks Bob
Bob Yancy
AggieCVQ said:

Awesome. Thanks Bob

Absolutely! I'll let city staff know their work is appreciated.
aggieswin12
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

word
techno-ag
AG
Gotta say it's been a real pleasure having Mr. Yancy contribute to the board here. He's a breath of fresh air.
Bob Yancy
techno-ag said:

Gotta say it's been a real pleasure having Mr. Yancy contribute to the board here. He's a breath of fresh air.

I'm honored you'd say so. I appreciate the dialog. Thanks to Texags for providing this forum. Positive or negative, it's good to know what the taxpayers- the bosses- are thinking about the issues of the day.
Bob Yancy
Update: Additional projects have been added as city staff update the list. (A select few items are omitted for security reasons.)

The Eagle's Emma Lawson has a good piece on the front page this morning regarding this tremendous effort by city staff.

https://theeagle.com/news/local/government-politics/college-station-launches-new-capital-projects-website/article_20b31bb6-e23c-11ee-931c-2ba3b91c662b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

Have a great week!

Respectfully,

Yancy

PS- I'm out this week and therefore any direct questions I'll respond to thereafter. Thank you!
KidDoc
AG
[Read the edit at the top of the thread. -Staff]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
birdman
I don't always agree with Bob Yancy on how to spend my tax money. However, I do think he's our best servant.

He is open and discusses the issues BEFORE a decision is made. We have more information than ever before because of him. And he listens to his bosses.

I respect the hell out of that.
Bob Yancy
Wow Birdman thanks. That really means a lot.

Respectfully,

-yancy
KidDoc
AG
The website is throwing errors today. Says data source error and won't display anything.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Txmoe
AG
birdman said:

I don't always agree with Bob Yancy on how to spend my tax money. However, I do think he's our best servant.

He is open and discusses the issues BEFORE a decision is made. We have more information than ever before because of him. And he listens to his bosses.

I respect the hell out of that.
Agreed! Kudos to Mr. Yancy for willingly volunteering to subject himself to the minefield that is TexAgs is admirable and most appreciated.
KidDoc
AG
Working now!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.