North West Bryan to get a 65 acre Super Park!

3,959 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by techno-ag
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Bryan-to-soon-begin-negotiations-for-super-park-398613631.html

Does anyone have an idea where exactly? This will be great for development in that area of town.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/bryan-city-council-oks-negotiating-land-buy-for-super-park/article_63e04400-675b-5481-b63b-ce59e36edb2b.html
redd38
AG
Any idea what kind of Pokemon it'll have?
TicoLoco
Great! Just what the City of Bryan needed, another park!!!

Lets spend millions of dollars on a park in the boonies instead of fixing the fifty thousand other parks all around the city that are in awful conditions.

Bravo Bryan!
dancemom
Sounds like the children of this community will finally have a much needed park for youth sports. Well done CoB!!!
TicoLoco
dancemom said:

Sounds like the children of this community will finally have a much needed park for youth sports. Well done CoB!!!

You mean like the BRAC???
bcstx06
TicoLoco said:

dancemom said:

You mean like the BRAC???
That location is too far out and is not currently ripe for development. A new super park on the Northwest side of Bryan where there is currently lots of wide open spaces will do wonders for retail, housing, and hospitality development. West Bryan has lots of potential and it is going to be fun watching it develop.
dancemom
BRAC is not for kids; adult softball and some soccer. We need youth baseball, softball, football, pickle ball, etc. And from an economic standpoint, why should all the tournaments go to Bachman and Veteran's Park in College Station?
Chris98
AG
Maybe where Blinn was originally planning to expand (2818 & Leonard)
carpe vinum
AG
Bryan has historically been ambitious and successful at building new complexes, and notoriously poor at maintaining them.
I hope they realize this and are committed to the necessary programming and maintaining facilities.
GSS
Chris98 said:

Maybe where Blinn was originally planning to expand (2818 & Leonard)
Blinn paid an average of $42,000/acre for their land. Who knows what they are willing to unload it for....maybe Sharp has an idea?

Edited to add: The Blinn land is in District 5; the Eagle article stated the land being considered is in District 1 (Al Saenz)
CS78
It might depend on how they define northwest Bryan but nobody is going to flock to what most people call northwest Bryan just because a feel good park goes in.
Birddog
AG
dancemom said:

BRAC is not for kids; adult softball and some soccer. We need youth baseball, softball, football, pickle ball, etc. And from an economic standpoint, why should all the tournaments go to Bachman and Veteran's Park in College Station?
Baseball tournaments go to Franklin
Roc96
AG
65 acres isn't what I'd call "super." That's nowhere near the size of Veterans.
Oogway
FWIW, Veteran's Park is 150 acres and was purchased for 1.5 million (1999) per the City's website. Some of that would include the walking/nature area to the east I believe. It's a really nice park.

Edit to add: I have been to the Franklin Park--also very very nice.
techno-ag
AG
Good move by the city. Glad to see it finally happen.
Stupe
S
Birddog said:

dancemom said:

Baseball tournaments go to Franklin
Then there sure were a lot of confused teams at Bachmann last summer.
bcstx06
I took a look at where District 1 in Bryan is, and I will bet that the plot of land the city is looking at is between Lenard Road and Clear Leaf, near Jane Long Middle School. That is the only land large enough in that district. There is also a plot of Land just North of Beck and 2818, but I don't know...just guessing. District 1 is also close to District 5, which is hot with development right now.

Side note: I meant to name this thread Northwest Bryan Not North West Bryan. Can that be fixed?
bcstx06
http://wtaw.com/2016/11/10/bryan-council-majority-authorizes-33-million-new-financing/
According to this article, the new park will be located at the intersection of Sandy Point and 2818 (the southern half of the intersection). Don't know if it will be on the side closer to Lake Bryan or to the east.

This is also some new information, Major League Soccer (USL) is looking at the area to bring a Minor League Soccer team here. If you take a look at the current list of Minor League Soccer teams, they are in some pretty big cities including; Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Montreal. That's big news! I'm not a fan of soccer, but if there was a minor league team here in town, I would be a fan. I wonder if the Bombers would move their stadium to the new complex also?

I hope all of the industrial development in that area doesn't hurt the potential commercial/residential development of the area. It would have been nice if all of the industrial development in that area was in one business park. The terrain in that area is nice and has a lot of potentials.

Does this location mean that District 1 will be expanding?
gettingitdone
Bachmann is good for younger boys, but most of the older boys play their tournaments in Franklin due to their larger field sizes.
carpe vinum
AG
That Franklin complex is fairly amazing.
Does Spud still run it?
He is as good a person as you will ever meet.
atm86
AG
Bryan is trying to keep up with CS. This park complex is a case in point.
techno-ag
AG
Good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.