Kitchen backsplash

1,492 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by txxwildcard
wulfman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at adding a tile backsplash. Any recommendations on who to use and where to get the tile? I like the stone subway tile look.
CEAg78
AG
Hey! We just did this (and by we I mean taxpreparer).

We got a mini-subway tile at HD, about 1"x2". Came on a grid. It's actually ceramic but has a stone finish, no glaze. We used Simple Mat, a two-sided sticky mat. First, stick it to the wall thenstick on the tile.Voila! Come back with grout and you're done!

Looks terrific with our quartz countertop.
CEAg78
AG
We had an estimate from Forster Tile to do the backsplash in regular subway tile--over $1000!!!

Materials the way we did it ended up <$200. Labor was easy.
Sprite09
AG
I need a recommendation too. Contacted a company to come out and do it for us, but havent heard anything back from them in a while. We dont have time to do it ourselves and need someone who will do a good job. We already bought the travertine tiles and need someone to install it.
LOYAL AG
AG
Sprite09 said:

I need a recommendation too. Contacted a company to come out and do it for us, but havent heard anything back from them in a while. We dont have time to do it ourselves and need someone who will do a good job. We already bought the travertine tiles and need someone to install it.

The overwhelming majority of tile installers in this town are independent contractors so if you go to any of the flooring stores you're going to find they want to sell the product or aren't interested. Go to Dollar Floor Store in Bryan and tell them you already own the tile you just need an installer. They are sales only and don't do install but do know a lot of good installers and should be able to recommend someone for you.
txxwildcard
txxwildcard
Call or text Ricardo @ 979-218-4475, he does great work with remodeling, paint, tile etc etc etc
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.