Greens Prairie at Wellborn open, Straub to close delayed

5,197 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by deh40
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tgivaughn said:

The Original AG 76 said:

PS3D said:

The Original AG 76 said:

UNREAL..Home of one of the world's premier traffic institutes and yet Brazos County and BCS is overrun with some of the worst designed intersections and roads in the country.
UNREAL
Well, someone's never been to New Jersey.
umm well yes I have.....

BCS...... At least our roads are better than New Jersey !!!!!
Agreed ,,, even ours made the local TV news ,,, the city planned Holleman (aka Jones-Butler that later South is IG&N) to cross FM2818, generous enough for rural homes, even for duplexes South & apartments North BUT without TxDot blessings ... who later said "we won't participate" we are finally going to build a traffic bridge over that railroad. (Road to bridge elevation at that point was too high to negotiate, too low to tunnel under.)

SO then city built a new curved Holleman (ironic, named after iconic architect/planner) with new intersection farther West ... but not generous enough for the Student Cities the City knew were coming through deals they made with them, so they would finance such street construction.

Now overloaded, 3-4 light wait to cross, traffic backs up to block 3-4 residential & commercial intersections ... they put up blockades during height of traffic (football games, holidays student in-out of town) to widen some intersection areas in 20-20 afterthought.

Eventually, I'm sure we'll all love it ... but do I hear hammers again on South Holleman? Another Student City about to use that intersection?

What's ironic is that TAMU does have the IQ planning and often free opinons to share, licensed engineers & architects on board with that as well but many in both government & private sectors prefer DIY, trial/error methods that are much more ego soothing ... for a very short period & thus dismiss asking for advice nor even an opinion.

(Don't get me started on Bonfire that stiff armed the Engineering Dept willing to help if asked pre-99.)
It is almost as if the county and city teamed up to design a guaranteed plan for gridlock in the entire Dowling, Holleman, Wellborn area. Couple that with the worst designed NEW traffic light in America ( Wellborn and GP without dedicated turn lanes...) and we have a traffic nightmare primero...
Thousands of new apartments along Holleman and Dowling without any consideration for the lack of concrete to support these hundreds of new cars. So typical.
deh40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Turn lanes on Wellborn were always part of the plans shared at the meetings. Supposedly TXDot was/is handling that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.