Dryer vent cleaning and fan booster

2,346 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggieland Appliance
ontheedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want to have a booster fan added to my vertical dryer vent. Anyone do that in town? I was told the many of the carpet cleaning companies clean dryer vent ducts (not only chimney sweeps anymore) so maybe they do this also. Any experienced info on this would be appreciated.

Also has anyone used either of these two for cleaning the ducts.

Aggieland Appliance Repair

Quality Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
montegobay
We have used both of them for cleaning our dryer vent(up through our attic). Both did a great job! The only reason I used Quality last time was because Aggieland recommended them because they were too busy to get to it anytime soon.
Post removed:
by user
ontheedge
Thanks for the input. This is in a 4 month old house so not sure why it needs it so quick. SOAM I can't buy a new one, this is the same type montego is talking about. Maybe Quality Carpet can recommend someone to add the boost fan.
ksp
As far as cleaning the vent pipe, it is a five minute job via attic access. remove pipe, usually held on my metal type duct tape. When pipe is removed, turn dryer on to push excess to opening where pipe was. reinstall pipe. (at least mine was in the attic, 6 year old house)

Always had good luck with Aggieland appliance repair when I couldn't fix it myself.
Aggieland Appliance
Quality Carpet is who we refer our clients to for duct cleaning when I feel they would be better served by them. Thank you to all our loyal customers!

Also, the office number is misprinted in the phone books. It is 979-220-4297. As a life long resident of B/CS I can assure you that if anyone named Slocum called my office at the above number and identified themselves they would have gotten a call back. Angelia in the office works very hard at making sure everyone is either scheduled or referred to the proper servicers.
ontheedge
I ended up pulling the foil tape in the attic and checking the pipe. It is clear of lint. The trim carpenter had put 4 brads through the wall duct so I took the trim they had made to cover duct opening (duct pipe shouldn't have been laying directly on the sole plate but supported above it) off and filled the holes the brads caused. Not sure if this solves it. This would be very easy to do oneself as suggested by ksp. I'll need to check the dampener to make sure it's operating properly.

The service company tech sent by Whirlpool showed us how to check the dryer function where proper duct flow is concerned.
Post removed:
by user
FNG
Aggieland Appliance said:

Quality Carpet is who we refer our clients to for duct cleaning when I feel they would be better served by them. Thank you to all our loyal customers!

Also, the office number is misprinted in the phone books. It is 979-220-4297. As a life long resident of B/CS I can assure you that if anyone named Slocum called my office at the above number and identified themselves they would have gotten a call back. Angelia in the office works very hard at making sure everyone is either scheduled or referred to the proper servicers.

What is this "phone book" you speak of?
Aggieland Appliance
Sorry "slocum" but there is no Jan in my office. I am the owner and master technician. My wife (co owner) is Angelia and she is the only that answers the phone. Furthermore, we rarely do dishwasher repairs as the cost of repair usually outweighs the price point where people will purchase another one. There are some people that are happy to charge you a service call to tell you that, however, I am not one. I'd rather earn you business by saving you money when warranted.

Pardon me for assuming that your last name is Slocum. I myself would not associate myself with a local celebrity user name. Surely this must be a misunderstanding.
Post removed:
by user
Aggieland Appliance
Well, I am sorry to offend you. Good luck to you in the future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.