Frontier Communications

3,436 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91_Aggie
jaTmes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else experiencing problems with internet service the last 24 hours? In Bryan, Austin's Colony.
turfman80
AG
Yes, out this morning on FM1179
Sleepnumber
AG
Yes. No service in Copperfield
CS78
UmustBKidding
Just back. OuTage in dfw area also.
Cancelled
AG
They were the sole reason for me switching to suddenlink cable internet.
befitter
Yes, south of Wellborn as well. They suck.
samsal75
AG
Service was out this morning as well as yesterday morning. Called in and they said there had been no reports of outages. What bs??
Rockdoc
AG
queso1 said:

Yep. Slow and sucky.
stinkerbelle
Gave them up awhile ago because we were down more than we were up. We were down for almost a month straight and got excuse after excuse of what was going on and what they were "trying" to do to fix it. We got our bill with the month on it that we were down, we called to discuss the matter of having no internet but being billed for it, they refused to give us any credit for that month, we told them where to stick it. We have Suddenlink now and have had no issues "knock on wood"
91_Aggie
AG
Gave up on them too and went back to suddenlink.

Had to reset their router at least once every 2 days.
aggies_2001
AG
We also switched to Suddenlink. It took months to get my refund from them once we cancelled.
CS78
Anybody else in the creek meadows area without again? Ours died yesterday and hasn't come back.
91_Aggie
AG
aggies_2001 said:

We also switched to Suddenlink. It took months to get my refund from them once we cancelled.

Having the same issue. Got my second email since I cancelled that said "Your monthly statement is available. Your balance is $-42.10"

Called tonight to ask when I'll get it. So a it normally takes 3 months.
NellCote71
First thing on my to-do list tomorrow. I have been fighting the slowness all night.
Alte Schule
Service was off and on all day Saturday. When I called Frontier (30 minute wait) Saturday afternoon was told there were sporadic outages in my area but should have problem fixed soon. Woke up Sunday with no internet. Called (40 minute wait) explained what was told to me on Saturday. I was then told I must be mistaken as there were no reported outages in my area and no record of my previous call. Asked to speak with a supervisor and after a ten minute wait was disconnected. Came on yesterday, Monday. around 7 P.M. and went out again at 11. Woke up this morning and it was on.
Have Dish network for televisions. Called Dish this morning about adding their internet service. Was informed their local internet carrier is Frontier :\
samsal75
AG
Continuing to have issue with Frontier and have called several times; still no change with almost constant interruption of service. Unfortunately, we have little/no alternative service provider and will just have to hope the service improves soon.
etj77845
Been struggling with Frontier for a month or so. Can almost bet on a Wednesday outage plus another sometime in the week. Have little alternative for internet- they suck.
UmustBKidding
College Station and their contractors are doing a bang up job of destroying Frontier's cables in the Wellborn Road/Greens Prairie Trail area. I think their cable splicing group is going to have to move in down here.
Stupe
S
queso1 said:

Ditto. The service rep for Frontier wasn't surprised that I was dropping and the service rep for Suddenlink wasn't surprised when we told her who we were dropping.
AggiePhil
AG
Suddenlink FTW. Never thought I'd say that.
Rudybryan
google Frontier read all the complaints since they bought Verizon wires.....
91_Aggie
AG
AggiePhil said:

Suddenlink FTW. Never thought I'd say that.
Me too. With Frontier I was resetting my wireless router every 2 days to keep things working. since Switching to Suddenlink 2 months ago, everythng just works.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.