Looking for oak trees to remove for free

2,104 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brewmaster
FredMertz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guy who just took down a couple of trees in my yard is looking for some oaks to take down for free, he justs wants the wood. If intetested call Eddie 979-402-9392.
GodBlessCS
Well I just paid to takedown a post Oak today . Dang . But I have the wood if wants to pay a little for it
GunRangeGal
AG
Drive around Creek Meadows on Baker Meadow Loop. There is a house there that needs two trees cut down. They've already removed the limbs but left the trunks, for some odd reason. Maybe leave a business card or knock on the door?
A.G.S.
AG
I think I know the answer, but I have to ask. Does he do this for an occupation and is he insured? Or is he just a guy with a chainsaw?

I may have a couple he can take, but both are big and near things that wouldn't benefit if a tree fell on them.
Frio Cielo
I have a small diameter dead elm tree that he can take down and haul off. most of the bole and branches are small enough that if he want it for firewood he wouldn't have t split it. Elm with cross-grain is almost impossible to easily split.

Brewmaster
AG
A.G.S. said:

I think I know the answer, but I have to ask. Does he do this for an occupation and is he insured? Or is he just a guy with a chainsaw?

I may have a couple he can take, but both are big and near things that wouldn't benefit if a tree fell on them.
Pretty sure this is Eddie that is a local that sells firewood... Very Reasonable too. We bought from him last year - he even had hickory (for my smoker).
A.G.S.
AG
Let me clarify: Does he remove trees for a living, and is he insured for that purpose? As someone with a large lot full of mature (i.e. gonna die soon) post oaks, one of the scariest things to me is an amateur arborist.

Anybody can drop a tree and cut it up (former Butt Pot here), and anyone with practice can generally drop it where they want it, but there is always uncertainty, and that's why I was inquiring about insurance.
techno-ag
AG
Just gonna leave this here.

FNG
welborn
The "for free" side of this tells me all I need to know. Folks make a killing cutting down trees as a profession. The insurance costs are pretty high. A pro cannot afford to work for free.
Brewmaster
AG
A.G.S. said:

Let me clarify: Does he remove trees for a living, and is he insured for that purpose? As someone with a large lot full of mature (i.e. gonna die soon) post oaks, one of the scariest things to me is an amateur arborist.

Anybody can drop a tree and cut it up (former Butt Pot here), and anyone with practice can generally drop it where they want it, but there is always uncertainty, and that's why I was inquiring about insurance.
I really doubt he is insured or a pro at removing trees. He's a firewood guy. Free and insured professional (aka arborist) don't go hand in hand.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.