Accident Reconstruction on the Bypass

2,059 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by techno-ag
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Traffic was forced onto the feeder roads for about 5 hours, causing big delays. Can someone involved with setting this up explain why a Monday morning at 8 am is the only time this can be done?
EBrazosAg
AG
Good question - would think maybe doing it in evening with the same lighting etc of the real accident would be best. You never see big shutdown like they do here in Houston or Dallas for reconstruction.

The better question is why do we keep acting like a 2 horse town with fender benders, stopping in the middle of the road? In big cities, which we are quickly becoming, its a violation and a fine to stop in the road if drivable and no injury.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ornlu
AG
It seems like were doing a ac-recon once or twice a month lately. They are usually done at like 4am, with a couple of days notice on signs and wtaw/kbtx. Not sure why this was no notice.
etmydst
AG
Excellent question. The local law enforcement need to justify this beyond saying this is how we've always done it. There is all kinds of technology available and utilized in cities around the country to achieve the information they need.
Ornlu
AG
Wtaw just posed an article. Wasn't a reconstruction, it was a fatality. Totally justified.
etmydst
AG
Accident on WTAW was not the same as the accident reconstruction that occurred at 8am.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Not sure why this was no notice.
I drive that part of Hwy 6 daily. There was signage on both north and southbound Hwy 6 for about a week notifying of the closure on Oct 24.
techno-ag
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

I drive that part of Hwy 6 daily. There was signage on both north and southbound Hwy 6 for about a week notifying of the closure on Oct 24.
It was on Channel 3 News, too. Pay attention to what's going on in your community, people.
FNG
GSS
techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

It was on Channel 3 News, too. Pay attention to what's going on in your community, people.
Except for the multitude of drivers (people!) using Hwy 6 that are not part of this community. Signs and TV spots were of no use to them.
redd38
AG
GSS said:

techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Except for the multitude of drivers (people!) using Hwy 6 that are not part of this community. Signs and TV spots were of no use to them.
You're right, should have put out a national TV spot.
TSJ
AG
etmydst said:

Excellent question. The local law enforcement need to justify this beyond saying this is how we've always done it. There is all kinds of technology available and utilized in cities around the country to achieve the information they need.
Not at all involved and I can not specify why 8 am versus 9 or 10 or 2 in the afternoon other than you do not necessarily know how long it will take to collect all the information.

While it is important to take into account driving conditions ( i.e. time of day, lighting road surface, weather) Would you not want to collect data with in the best possible conditions? Tire marks, debris, dirt ruts only last so long to take into evidence. You could easily miss important factors if you try and do all of the reconstruction at night.

I am curious, what technologies should be used to speed up the process?
TSJ
AG
With everyone having issues commuting I suggest you get involved in these meetings about the future of BCS roads.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Community-input-sought-for-BCSs-new-roads-397849351.html

I just moved back from DFW, so I dont think I'll ever complain about BCS traffic.
techno-ag
AG
GSS said:

techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

I don't see what else they could do. Locals were informed via media and online news. Drivers were informed via signs. How else do you propose the word gets out? Dreams? Visions in the sky?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.