Health Insurance.. Individual

3,613 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JohnD`05
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Scott and White PPO individual plan is going away Dec 31. Scott and White is discontinuing this plan.. Does anyone know if anyone will have any similar plans? I can't afford a high deductible because of some medicine I'm on I Need a good RX Plan

TIA!
momlaw
AG
Have you tried Rx.com to price your medication? I have found price shopping some tremendous swings in pricing and pharmacies very responsive to not having insurance.
CEAg78
AG
I spoke with Richard Kasper about Medicare Supplement insurance. He seemed very knowledgeable about all health insurance available.

http://kasperins.com/
RepublicBrand
AG
Plus he is just a nice guy that will tell you your options honestly
MsC2012
AG
Unfortunately there's no price break with this medicine.
LOYAL AG
AG
Plus 1 for Richard. ACA is killing the individual market unfortunately but he will do a good job of helping you sort through what options you do have. Don't write off a HD plan so quickly. It's about out of pocket maximum with those plans. Not knowing your situation I can't comment much more but just something to consider.
WTM
For our area, I have seen very little to date.

Currently on exchange: BC/BS HMO's

Currently off exchange: S&W HMO and PPO (Both Bronze)

The ACA has destroyed our local options. So few doctors are on the BC/BS HMO network that it is laughable. The S&W is a decent option, but as a bronze plan you are looking at a $12,000 deductible with everything going to deductible.
LOYAL AG
AG
Look at First Care too.
Goose83
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Look at First Care too.
First Care appears to be pulling out of the ACA marketplace as well. As for still being available through the individual marketplace, I couldn't say (try either Ross Gunnels or Roy Gunnels at Anco, as I'm sure they can give you an answer).
Burlington
WTM said:

So few doctors are on the BC/BS HMO network that it is laughable.
A list of who takes it would be great.
LOYAL AG
AG
JFS61 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Look at First Care too.
First Care appears to be pulling out of the ACA marketplace as well. As for still being available through the individual marketplace, I couldn't say (try either Ross Gunnels or Roy Gunnels at Anco, as I'm sure they can give you an answer).
They have cancelled at least some of their individual plans for 2017. I don't yet know if they are all cancelled or not. Last time I talked to Richard he didn't know and said it would be next week before he did.
Frio Cielo
The whole goal of Obamacare was to get a single payer health system in the whole country. We are quickly getting there by default.
RafterAg223
AG
I found out today that First Care is in fact out of the Waco market, and that market includes B/CS.
Goose83
AG
RafterAg223 said:

I found out today that First Care is in fact out of the Waco market, and that market includes B/CS.
Looks like the only choice you're going to get in the exchanges this year will be an BC/BS HMO, which means your only in-network provider option will be the free clinic for indigents.
JohnD`05
Is it too personal to share what medication it is? I might be able to help suggest a more affordable option.

Or can you give some info on what the monthly costs of the medication are and what what you are paying currently for the S&W PPO that is going away? I may be able to help you find more affordable health care coverage, that helps you with out-of-pocket RX costs.
MsC2012
AG
It's the highest dose of Adair you can get
momlaw
AG
Last year we lost group coverage. After shopping the options we landed on using a faith based health share, Liberty, joined with concierge care with Dr. John Davidhizar, MyMDbcs.com.
Before going this route I thoroughly researched both Liberty and met with Dr. John.
Dr. John's service is 24/7 - really, we needed him on a Sunday morning. He delivered. His is a monthly fee we paid up front. Liberty offered an offset to his fee.
Liberty is a monthly fee paid via credit card. We are responsible for first $1,000 of medical costs in a year then they kick in. Your medical history will be reviewed. Check caveats on Liberty Health Share
For about $6,000 a year we have coverage for catastrophic issues with Liberty - think Cancer not Colds. Plus what we need for personal medical care from Dr. John.
JohnD`05
Ouch. Yeah, that's a pricey one without a significantly more affordable option.

The good news is that Mylan has plans to come out with a generic Advair in 2017. See news report from Jan 2016.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.