Horrible Septic Company!

2,075 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosDog02
BodyRockAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
STAY AWAY from First Class Septic (Spring, TX)!!

We had a brand new septic system installed two years ago. With that came a warranty period. This is where my first issue starts. Every 3 months or so, they send someone out to inspect the system to make sure everything is working properly. You would think they would be checking EVERYTHING. Not the case. They basically only check to make sure there's enough chlorine in the tank. We went months not realizing that where the septic system attaches to our house plumbing was leaking (something they connected). No one from the company ever said a word until we finally realized what had happened.

My second issue comes in when the warranty period ends. Nearing the end of our warranty, they sent us a contract renewal to keep services coming (again, not much of a service). We opted out of renewing for several reasons. This was back in early summer. Well, yesterday I called and left a voicemail asking someone to call me back because I had a question about a noise our unit had been making recently. No one called back within 24 hours, so I called and left another message this morning. I receive a phone call from Sandra (one of the owners) shortly after. I told her I had a question about a noise the unit was making. She responds by saying she can't help because they haven't been out here since April and she doesn't even have to answer any questions because we are no longer their customers since we didn't renew our service contract with them.

It's funny how you can spend over $7000 on a complete septic system and in less than 3 years, because you didn't pay any additional $200, you are completely disregarded. I will NEVER recommend this company to anyone looking for septic service.
WTM
Not speaking one way or another for that particular company, but by law you have to have a service contract with a septic company on file with the county or they can and eventually will fine you. Most companies are around $250 per year. This does not cover repairs, etc. but they "inspect" twice a year or so.

The only war around this is to take the certification class yourself for inspections and provide the county with proof you can conduct your own inspection.
Prescient
WTM said:

Not speaking one way or another for that particular company, but by law you have to have a service contract with a septic company on file with the county or they can and eventually will fine you. Most companies are around $250 per year. This does not cover repairs, etc. but they "inspect" twice a year or so.

The only war around this is to take the certification class yourself for inspections and provide the county with proof you can conduct your own inspection.
Whoa...didn't know I could do that! Tell me more. How do I find out about this certification class?
UmustBKidding
Actually not true. Your county can require and many do but tceq does not. The permitting authority typically the county makes rules and some don't permit homeowner maintenance even if you have done the tceq training
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/licensing/ossf/ossfmaintenance.html
It's basically gotten to be like state inspections on your car, they are supposed to do lots of things but dont.
GSS
TCEQ regs

Indeed, if populations exceed population "x", the counties can deny homeowner maintenance. Quite sure Brazos county invoked that clause.

Burleson county allows self monitoring, following the 2-year agreement with the installer.
SoTheySay
S
I believe it is only for aerobic systems in Brazos Co. Don't quote me.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I bet OP is one of First Class Septics competitors!

/DD reference
BrazosDog02
AG
Yup. YOU have to have a contract and a company to inspect. If they aren't a company you signed a contract with they don't have to help you do jack squat. Personally, I'd offer to take a look for a fee rather than leave a person hanging, but they don't have to be nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.