OPAS Dress Code

5,194 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by halibut sinclair
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to the broadway shows this year and it's been a really long time since we've done anything there. What do people typically wear?
TransplantedRedRaider
Varies widely, but I feel most comfortable in business casual to business attire.
unmade bed
Business casual, but students go in short shorts and t-shirts. You won't get kicked out for not having the right kind of clothes, but if you are an adult, your should probably dress like you dress for church if you don't want to feel uncomfortable (unless you just don't care).

If you are going to The Illusionists tonight, enjoy it. I thought it was pretty good last night.
BQ_90
AG
tailgate wear, crocs, cargo shorts, 12th Man jersey
Stupe
S
I wear what my wife calls "Texas business casual" when we go.

Button down, nice jeans, boots, possibly a sport jacket.
LOYAL AG
AG
Thanks everyone. Other than tailgate wear that's about what I was thinking.
FNG
BQ_90 said:

tailgate wear, crocs, cargo shorts, 12th Man jersey

"Rent a friend, join a frat" t-shirt if my jersey is in the wash?
AgTrip

and some Jorts!
techno-ag
AG
Wear what you want. Dress comfortably. Use layers so you can control your body temp.
halibut sinclair
FNG
FlyRod
Pyewacket
AG
No. Don't wear what you want. This is what is wrong with this Jesus is cool with jorts attitude today. The performers, musicians, people behind the scenes and OPAS members spend years dedicated to their craft and work tirelessly to produce a special professional experience for you or your family. One small way to pay respect to these individuals is dress accordingly and not like you walked out of Walmart. Same goes for matinees or children's performances. I have seen people dressed in tank tops, kids in swimsuits, cutoff shorts you name it. People dress nicer to football games now.

This is a theatre performance not your living room. And yes, I am that mother in the front with the kids that complain about their itchy pants or ties.
02skiag
AG
On campus, it's not going to matter, just do what you think is best and don't judge others if they don't dress to your standards. If it were Houston or Dallas you would stick out like a sore thumb if you didn't dress in church like clothes.
techno-ag
AG
Pyewacket said:

No. Don't wear what you want. This is what is wrong with this Jesus is cool with jorts attitude today. The performers, musicians, people behind the scenes and OPAS members spend years dedicated to their craft and work tirelessly to produce a special professional experience for you or your family. One small way to pay respect to these individuals is dress accordingly and not like you walked out of Walmart. Same goes for matinees or children's performances. I have seen people dressed in tank tops, kids in swimsuits, cutoff shorts you name it. People dress nicer to football games now.

This is a theatre performance not your living room. And yes, I am that mother in the front with the kids that complain about their itchy pants or ties.
Lighten up, Francis. Having performed on some of those stages myself (although not with OPAS) I can assure they can't even see the audience when the lights are down, and how the audience is dressed is the last thing on their minds before the curtain goes up.

Dress in layers. Be comfortable. And don't worry too much about what others think if you're in jeans and they're in slacks. You paid your money same as them. Sit back and enjoy the show.
halibut sinclair
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.