Lawn chemical companies

2,847 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 12thmnfromflotown
ontheedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do the local companies do one time treatments. I'm not interested in doing a contract with them but need brown patch treated. I have spent the dollars on the fungicides and no luck. If they do, who do you recommend? TIA
KidDoc
AG
I purchased a contract with true green and I'm not happy with them. I have had several shrubs in the back yard just flat out die and the clover is spreading in my front bermuda grass. I don't know if they were responsible for the shrubs dying but I could kill shrubs without paying someone to spray them first.

Their customer service is fine I'm just not happy with the product.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chloelee
Aggieland Green excellent service Tim is owner 979 696 7300
Kitten With A Whip
Contact Brian Mirth with Green Magic/Aggieland Pest Control. They do great work and can do a one time treatment or customize a package for you.

4058 State Highway 6 S, Ste 200

College Station, TX 77845

(979) 492-3111
Ronniecoleman30
AG
With brown patch turn off your sprinkler system, don't fertilize the yard when you have it, that will make it spread like wildfire. Also I would not mow that will also spread it.

When treating I would use a granular fungicide and do two treatments two weeks apart. Also I would think about core aerator the lawn for soil compaction.
The Original AG 76
AG
KidDoc said:

I purchased a contract with true green and I'm not happy with them. I have had several shrubs in the back yard just flat out die and the clover is spreading in my front bermuda grass. I don't know if they were responsible for the shrubs dying but I could kill shrubs without paying someone to spray them first.

TrueGreen is an absolute RIP OFF. ( nationwide). These idiots used to hang flyers on the doors all over my hood telling us that BASED ON A PERSONAL INSPECTION of our property while we were gone we needed the following treatment..they then outlined all of these issues that their " personal inspection" found in my back yard....except that I had ZERO grass in the back yard. I had it landscaped without any grass . They also said I had solid evidence of chinchbug damage in APRIL ! Not possible in April, the damn bugs are not even alive in April....
total rip off.
ontheedge
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give these folks a call except for TrueGreen. I used a liquid before. I will turn off the irrigation but too late on mowing as that occurred this morning, at least this time.
The Original AG 76
AG
ontheedge said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give these folks a call except for TrueGreen. I used a liquid before. I will turn off the irrigation but too late on mowing as that occurred this morning, at least this time.
BTW: I bet you don't have brown patch. It just hasn't been cool enough in the overnights for that yet. Like everyone in Texas you probably have sod web worms. Look at Randy's tip sheet for that.
GTXM
+1 for Brian Mirth / Green Magic
Charli
Here's a great go-to for all things lawn, garden, trees & plants.....and brown patch

http://www.randylemmon.com
MemphisAg1
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

KidDoc said:

TrueGreen is an absolute RIP OFF. ( nationwide).
Agree with this. Used TruGreen here in Memphis and they were a joke. They always had plenty of sales people calling trying to peddle another product/service, but they never could get it right on the ground. Poisoned one of my trees.

Fired them and hired Scotts. They've been great.

Unfortunately, they were also acquired by TruGreen. Ugggh.
mwm
We had a problem with Aggieland Green after having used hem for years.
tbone94
AG
mwm,

I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with us after many years.. Its important to me and my team to provide the best service and results for our customers. We work extremely hard to conisistently do our very best on a daily basis. If there is anything I can do to address this problem for you and make it right, please email me at tim@aggielandgreen.com, or call me at 979-690-7300, and I would love the opportunity to fix it.

Tim Schnabel
Aggieland Green
ontheedge
Got some good information from one of the suggested companies and will treat it myself the proper way.
12thmnfromflotown
AG
Producers Cooperative has several people who can help you with your lawn. Remember them in the future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.