Can my car's inspection really fail if my high beams have a foot switch?

3,081 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by malibu9in1
DigDogDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My car's high beams never did operate through the lever so I customized it to where I use my foot switch to make them come on and off. My dashboard shows that they're on when they're on.
BrazosWifi
I would imagine it would pass but have no legal idea.
Mathguy64
AG
Why would it fail? That's how a lot of cars did it at one time. Foot push switch on left floorboard.
DigDogDoo
I explained this to the inspection guy and he didn't want to risk losing his job over it. It works just as it should.

EDIT: Also didn't expect fast responses
redd38
AG
Campchulu said:

I explained this to the inspection guy and he didn't want to risk losing his job over it. It works just as it should.

That's code to give him a little extra cash.
BCStalk
It doesn't matter how it is activated. Just needs to be indicated.
AgResearch
AG
redd38 said:

Campchulu said:

That's code to give him a little extra cash.
Yep.
bcs_tx_guy
I agree with BCStalk, I did inspections when I was a kid out of high school (15 years ago), high beams just had to go on and off, didn't matter what the switch was
BrazosDog02
AG
On my 1970 442, the high beams go on and off with a foot switch. Auctually, when driving, the lights would mostly go off until you kinda jiggled the switch with your foot. Then they would come back on at high or low depending on the mode. Fun times. Still haven't replaced that switch. Lol.
slyk
Thought I heard that they were going back to the foot switches because too many old Ags were getting their foot caught in the steering wheel.
jrhmc
AG
Campchulu said:

I would ask to speak to the manager or owner. Sounds like the guy just doesn't know better.
malibu9in1
Damn bro. Can u upgrade a little on a car?? Like a 1995??? Kidding. Love the old cars.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.