Tuxedo Purchase

1,812 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DBSwooper
HoustonAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any local recommendations on where I can purchase a tuxedo?
EVA3
AG
Nolen's Formal Wear

Ask for Stella
one MEEN Ag
AG
If you can get others to join in and do a group deal go to Jos a Banks, even if you can't go talk to them. Haggle with them. My buddy got close to this deal just walking into a Jos a Banks and asking for it.

My wedding we negotiated the groomsmen's tuxes as a group of 8 plus my dad. The Jos A Banks would give us the 1905 Signature Tux for $216 for the slacks and jacket. The Champion's branch in NW Houston did us better for $199 for the slacks and jacket. We also got the vests for $29.99 and the shirts for $21.99. Bought the bowties and cufflinks off of amazon for 6 bucks and 10 bucks a piece.

Jos a Banks employees work partially off of commission. So if you think you aren't getting the best deal just call around, they'll beat each other out for sales.

We got a good deal to start with because we bought the tux during the buy one get 2 free sale for that model.

PM if you want any specific referrals.

Also don't go to the guy here at Jos a Banks, he's terrible. Always go to the woman Glenda I think is her name. And don't trust anyone in that branch to do alterations correctly or for the best price. I had to correct them on how to pull a jacket in, they almost screwed it all up.

DBSwooper
It is hard to go wrong with Harley's (where the Suit Club was on University) for things like this. I bought my tux there years ago and I bought a suit there last year, both experiences left me impressed with their service and care for the customer.
Sleepnumber
AG
Harley's. Probably on the high end of the price range; but good choice and service
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

And don't trust anyone in that branch to do alterations correctly or for the best price.
This cannot be emphasized enough.
DBSwooper
powerbelly51 said:

Quote:

And don't trust anyone in that branch to do alterations correctly or for the best price.
Side note, Harley's does their alterations in house and they do a great job. I'm an odd sized person, so I end up with a suit coat that is a 54L to fit my shoulders/chest and where they had to expand the arm holes and take in the coat below the breast pocket otherwise I would be wearing a tent. They did the same tailoring on shirts so everything fits perfectly. Their alterations guys are wizards.
EVA3
AG
Harley's does a great job. I did not know they did tuxedos.
HoustonAg2003
If I were to go to Harley's for my tux what would I be looking at cost wise?
wysiwyg
AG
Just got a $700 Calvin Klein tux for $250 at Men's Warehouse. They have several styles on their daily special today.

3041304210http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits/suit-tuxedos/calvin-klein-black-slim-fit-tuxedo-3041304210
Goose83
AG
DBSwooper said:

powerbelly51 said:

Quote:

Side note, Harley's does their alterations in house and they do a great job. I'm an odd sized person, so I end up with a suit coat that is a 54L to fit my shoulders/chest and where they had to expand the arm holes and take in the coat below the breast pocket otherwise I would be wearing a tent. They did the same tailoring on shirts so everything fits perfectly. Their alterations guys are wizards.
Does anyone know if they do alterations on clothes you didn't buy from them? I'd even be willing to pay a surcharge if they do.
DBSwooper
HoustonAg2003 said:

If I were to go to Harley's for my tux what would I be looking at cost wise?
I don't know what they cost now, it was reasonable compared to other stores back then.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.