College station date night dinner recs

6,672 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's a good date night dinner recommendation?
Bunk Moreland
What's the feel? First date? Serious date? Married date night?

What's she like? Jeans and a t-shirt or dress and heels?.

The dinner and ambiance should match your type of relationship
GunRangeGal
AG
Maddens is our go-to date night spot. Food and service are consistently a home run. We usually end the night with a drink at the Proudest Monkey (or start the night with their yuppy fries)... Or a glass of dessert wine from Uncorked. Downtown Bryan offers all kinds of dinner and drink options all within walking distance. There's usually some kind of live music going on somewhere!

Drinks at the Republic are always good. Go when Chris Crow is playing for great music.
isitjustme
AG
Not that we have date nights (me and the s.o. just go to dinner), the following are what I would consider to be good dinner date locations (in no particular order) if dinner is the main event of the date:

Cafe Eccell
Maddens
Amico Nave
Luigis
Veritas
Aji Sushi and Pho

Note - all are independent restaurants, and while not the least expensive, they are not the most expensive either..
Max06
AG
Madden's definitely tops my list, too.
La Fours
AG
Caffe Capri
Broncos
Bunk Moreland said:

Yea, these questions are important.
La Fours
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Caffe Capri can hit all those criteria. It's casual enough for a first date, but still intimate enough for a serious romantic dinner.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
La Fours said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Caffe Capri can hit all those criteria. It's casual enough for a first date, but still intimate enough for a serious romantic dinner.

Think that might do the trick. It's an old college friend.
msaggie98
AG
Agree! Our most recent "get a sitter and be adults" date night included Madden's, live music and drinks in the LaSalle courtyard and then drinks at Proudest Monkey. Loved it all!
The Original AG 76
AG
Try an evening out at Messina Hof. Start with a wine tasting then go next door to their outstanding eatery. If you really wanna do it right book a nite in the BnB and have a great morning breakfast.
Do it , loved it
studioone
so whats the opinion on 'the republic'? been considering taking the wife there for 15th anniversary in Dec.

australopithecus robustus
FlyRod
Republic is great, and so is the food. It's a wonderful date spot.
australopithecus robustus
La Fours
AG
I'm with fly rod. The Republic is a great restaurant. Just pick a night that they don't have live music. It's really loud those nights.
FNG
La Fours said:

I'm with fly rod. The Republic is a great restaurant. Just pick a night that they don't have live music. It's really loud those nights.

GunRangeGal recommended the live music experience. Guess it depends on your taste. Live music done well is something I always appreciate.
95_Aggie
AG
If only we had a ferris wheel for after dinner shenanigans.
La Fours
AG
I agree with GRG about the quality of the live music. It depends on why you are going to the republic. If you are going for the live music, then yes it's done well. The folks who play and sing are good. But if you want a date that's more quiet romantic, avoid the bar or tables that are near the bar or go on another night.
studioone
thanks... We actually can't stand live or loud music at a restaurant.. If i want noise, i'll stay home with the twins..

I go out to eat so i can actually talk to my wife... its rare nowadays that we can even be in each others company without 2 little people demanding attention, or a wedding, or photos, or bees, or .....

Last time i had to beg my mom to babysit so we could go out and i could actually talk to my wife about taxes and business stuff.
taxpreparer
AG

Quote:

Hey! The carnival is back at Post Oak Mall.
FNG
taxpreparer said:

Quote:

Hey! The carnival is back at Post Oak Mall.

Is the Ferris wheel neon blue?
KidDoc
AG
Luigi's on Rock Prairie has a nice atmosphere and has non intrusive love music on weekend evenings.

Veritas is pretty amazing as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
La Fours
AG
KidDoc said:

Luigi's on Rock Prairie has a nice atmosphere and has non intrusive love music on weekend evenings.

Love music is always good for a date! But non intrusive ruins the evening, means the love music wasn't very helpful.
nashvilleaggie11
Veritas (which had fantastic live music this past friday might I add) or Luigis. Drinks before or after at Republic or Benjamin knox outside
KidDoc
AG
La Fours said:

KidDoc said:

Love music is always good for a date! But non intrusive ruins the evening, means the love music wasn't very helpful.
Gotta love autocorrect!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
AGnCS said:

I smell business opportunity.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.