WTAW: Replace Glenn Beck with Laura Ingraham

7,318 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ag-bq-seventy
Pinata Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still miss the Boortz days, but would prefer Ingraham over Beck.
Rockdoc
AG
Pinata Man said:

Still miss the Boortz days, but would prefer Ingraham over Beck.
Amen brother!
Ornlu
AG
Please don't. Beck's the only commentator who's not 1000% on the Trump bandwagon. We need someone to balance out the Schadenfreude come November.
GSS
Yep, WTAW loses this listener at 9:05am.... and not because of his Trump views.
Pinata Man
My request has nothing to do with Trump or Beck or Laura's allegiance or non allegiance. Beck rambles and puts me to sleep - find Ingraham the best replacement out there for the Good Ag Boortz.
Flatlander
All I can say is thank goodness they replaced Megan McCain with Joe Pags.

(Although I still preferred Laura Ingram in that time slot.)
slyk
I'm not all that crazy about Beck either for the following reasons:
1) Half of his program is usually prerecorded speeches. Tends to be a sleeper.
2) Constantly rails against Trump like a liberal/democrat. I realize he doesn't like him but wheres the party unity?
3) Tends to have a evangelist like preaching on his shows.
4) Constant cutting in, snickering by his on show colleagues.

I miss Boortz too. I have caught him on rare occasion sitting in for Hannity.
isitjustme
AG
Wouldn't mind seeing Beck replaced as I think he has lost it. He sounds like a small (bitter) dog backed into a corner and yapping away.

I don't miss Boortz - At All.

I wouldn't mind Laura Ingraham or someone else in that time slot.
Picadillo
I turn off WTAW at 9am. Need something else in that time slot.
techno-ag
AG
Brian Kilmeade's show.
justcallmeharry
S
Replace Beck with anyone. Replace him with silence. Anything.
aggiepublius
AG
Laura is ok but would really like the daily Hugh Hewitt show.

He is one of the best out there and brings some of the best interviews out there from a conservative side of the spectrum. The little bit of the TownHall highlights we get on the Sunday mornings is not enough.

He won me as a fan when I was traveling a few years ago and I heard him interview Justice Thomas on his background and how his life shaped his views in studio. It was one of the most fascinating and powerful pieces I have heard - 1) a sitting justice giving an interview (doesn't happen); 2) it revealed a lot I didn't know about one of justices that is often mischaracterized.

I think it would be a nice fit for an university town that is has a highly-educated and largely conservative audience. But Hewitt is probably not enough of bomb-thrower for many.
duffelpud
AG
Beck provides just the right amount of insanity to balance out the day's programming. That said, I can't stand him and tune in to Chris Salcedo on WBAP instead.
hihozippo
AG
I consistently turn from WTAW at 9a and switch to Michael Berry on 740 KTRH in Houston.
Pinata Man
Heard good things about Hugh Hewitt - I'll have to give him a try.

LOYAL AG
AG
slyk said:

I'm not all that crazy about Beck either for the following reasons:
1) Half of his program is usually prerecorded speeches. Tends to be a sleeper.
2) Constantly rails against Trump like a liberal/democrat. I realize he doesn't like him but wheres the party unity?
3) Tends to have a evangelist like preaching on his shows.
4) Constant cutting in, snickering by his on show colleagues.

I miss Boortz too. I have caught him on rare occasion sitting in for Hannity.
I've never pegged Beck as a Republican, at least not the way Rush and Hannity are. Those two would cheer single payer, government run health care as long as it was pushed by the Republicans. Beck to me is a bit more Libertarian in nature and Trump is an extremely long ways away from being a Libertarian. If Beck is against Trump my opinion of him just went up, quite frankly. But this isn't the politics board so we'll leave that for another day!

Full disclosure, I stopped listening to all of them when I got myself reinserted into the Matrix a few years ago, meaning I stopped paying attention to politics because no matter how frustrated I got nothing actually changed. I am quite familiar with all three having listened regularly prior to that change in listening habits.
techno-ag
AG
FTR, Beck's pick was Cruz during the primaries.
Post removed:
by user
FlyRod
Ali0308
What exactly is the point of this comment? Does it add anything to the discussion, outside of making a veiled insult to other people for no reason?
LOYAL AG
AG
techno-ag said:

FTR, Beck's pick was Cruz during the primaries.
Cruz isn't really a Republican these days either is he? that really only serves to reinforce my opinion. The Republican Party is a liberal party as proven by literally everything they have done since 2000. That it's less liberal than the Democrats is inconsequential. Cruz puts and R by him name for expediency but the two don't really like each other.
dave99ag
AG
I am glad Joe Pags is on instead of Meghan McCain in the evenings. Don't listen that often, but his show is vastly better.
hs10scoach
Wouldn't mind hearing the Mark Davis show locally. Enjoyed him on WBAP a few years ago and I think he is KSKY in DFW area but not sure.
Frio Cielo
For posters who don't like the local radio shows, why don't you do like I do.

Most every night I download podcasts of about a dozen of my most favorite shows and then I can listen to them in my car, which I am in about five to six hours a day, or anywhere I go. I do listen to Mark Davis a few times a week.

The added benefit of listening to the podcasts, you eliminate about 99% of the advertisements, newscasts, etc. during the talk shows.

I have been doing that for about five or six years.

Bunk Moreland
Frio Cielo said:

For posters who don't like the local radio shows, why don't you do like I do.

Most every night I download podcasts of about a dozen of my most favorite shows and then I can listen to them in my car, which I am in about five to six hours a day, or anywhere I go. I do listen to Mark Davis a few times a week.

The added benefit of listening to the podcasts, you eliminate about 99% of the advertisements, newscasts, etc. during the talk shows.

I have been doing that for about five or six years.

Yes but this would force people to choose and think for themselves. Most folks don't actually want to do that. They'd rather it chosen for them but made to feel like they're in control.

And that's not just for radio. That's for all walks of li----

oh my gosh someone liked my post on Facebook. I HAVE to go see who it was right this second.
biobioprof
Considering where everyone is posting this: shouldn't you be listening to Gabe on KZNE instead?
Hammerheadjim
AG
Please dont insult Libertarians by comparing them to Beck.

Poor Beck is an Island in the ocean of Center Right who promotes survivalism, theocracy and possible end of days. An hour may be acceptable, but not two.. Put on Hugh Hewitt or Brian Kilmeade
The Anchor
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

There's sure a lot of radio listening going on in Aggieland.... personally, I'm too busy working to listen to the radio regularly...
And posting on TexAgs during the time slot talked about in the OP.....

At least I assume that's the time slot since other posters mentioned 9am for this program (I don't listen to talk radio or WTAW).
Frio Cielo
biobioprof said:

Considering where everyone is posting this: shouldn't you be listening to Gabe on KZNE instead?

Except for the recruiting portions, I cannot listen.
LOYAL AG
AG
Hammerheadjim said:

Please dont insult Libertarians by comparing them to Beck.

Poor Beck is an Island in the ocean of Center Right who promotes survivalism, theocracy and possible end of days. An hour may be acceptable, but not two.. Put on Hugh Hewitt or Brian Kilmeade
I'm as Libertarian as anyone I know and if I had to pick a host who is closest to me he would be it. But like I said it's been a while since I've listened to any of them. It sounds like he's wandered off the reservation a bit. No desire to listen and find out for myself so I'll take your word for it!
MisterShipWreck
There was an article I read yesterday that talked about Beck going broke, and they expected the Blaze to go away soon. We'll see.
Picadillo
aggiepublius is right. The Townhall on Sunday morning is the best all week. Wish they could have something like that daily. Hewitt, Prager, et al would be a big upgrade from Beck.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Loyal Ag, ever since the Republican primary started he has really gone on a different tack...

The blaze tv is not so bad, especially DANA and Tomi...
Coach Dub
biobioprof said:

I would rather listen to an hour of Al Sharpton than to 15 minutes of Gabe's show on KZNE.
lightswitch
Quote:

I would rather listen to an hour of Al Sharpton than to 15 minutes of Gabe's show on KZNE.

Actually Al Sharpton isn't half bad.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.