BISD-Superintendent

19,785 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
cubbies25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wonder what is up with the sudden "leave of absence" for the super just ahead of the BISD 's so-called special session to discuss a "personal issue relating to the superintendant" This gonna be good....
JM13
It'll happen before the end of the week, decision has already been made
w8liftr
Wallis will get a glowing letter of recommendation from the school board after they fire him (standard practice despite any facts to the contrary). That way BISD can pass it's superintendent problems on to another district and not have to pay out Wallis' contract while he looks for work.
Post removed:
by user
JM13
Well when the news comes out we will be free to discuss this in depth

[Posters will be able to discuss facts. We are not going to allow unsubstantiated rumors on this board. this is not a new rule. -Staff]
gettingitdone
For the record, there legally can't be any information that comes out beyond is job status. He is either going to come back from his leave or he isn't. This is a personnel issue and the BISD board can't discuss it. So might as well give it up now JM
AggiePirate
AG
personnel issue
JM13
angus55
He gone.

Made bad choices. Hopefully will get real leadership at top of BISD and improve the district. I hope no one at the corner of Texas and WJB are comfortable right now.
CRE-Ag
AG
From what I have seen of him, he has no problem ripping BISD employees to shreds on a regular basis. He offers little help or encouragement, but puts on a great face for the public. He's a great buerocrat, but not a good leader, and BISD needs a strong leader with the challenges facing the district.
OnlyANobody
quote:
From what I have seen of him, he has no problem ripping BISD employees to shreds on a regular basis.
And kids. He seems to enjoy going to a particular school, rounding up kids for perceived slights and sending them to ISS for the rest of the day with no hearing, conversation or consultation with the parents. Staff fears standing up to him and simply bows to the punishment he metes out. I happened upon one such event at lunchtime where he had no fewer than a dozen students corralled to be sent to ISS for the remainder of that day. I, for one, won't be on the list of people who miss him if he is in fact, leaving.

I believe in discipline and strict rule enforcement. I don't believe in bullying staff and students alike while smiling at the media/social media.
JM13
If you want an accurate description of what's going on within BISD go to The Eagle webpage and look at the comments on the story about Wallis. They're DEAD on accurate. Kudos to The Eagle for keeping the comments up
Post removed:
by user
veritas47
From the Buzzard's comments-
"If these rumors are true, in most cases, there will be a bunch of "confessionals" in the Board Room. All will plead for an opportunity to resign, with the promise of a recommendation for their next job. Lawyers will be negotiating terms, buyouts and other sundry items such as binding agreements to not publish the terms of the agreement."

If these rumors are true, I would hope the board will not accept any of these negotiating terms without making the procedings unredacted public record.
Oogway
It's tricky stuff, that is. Delicate balancing act between the public's right to know and the employee's right to privacy (some of which is protected by federal law). Really goes down to a case by case basis. In the case of public employees (teachers, etc) the courts struggle with how much can be made public. For example in most places, medical records are usually private, but in some states, teacher evaluations are not.
Hope all is resolved soon.
JM13
Do an FOIA on complaints against Wallis. He's had At least 4 complaints of intimidation against him as of 2013. The board had warning of his actions at his previous stop before he came to Bryan and they hired him anyways.
FNG
quote:
From the Buzzard's comments-
"If these rumors are true, in most cases, there will be a bunch of "confessionals" in the Board Room. All will plead for an opportunity to resign, with the promise of a recommendation for their next job. Lawyers will be negotiating terms, buyouts and other sundry items such as binding agreements to not publish the terms of the agreement."

If these rumors are true, I would hope the board will not accept any of these negotiating terms without making the procedings unredacted public record.

The board made what appears to be a mistake in hiring him. Do you have faith they will do better in this situation?
JM13
There are new board members that didn't hire him, some of which are competent. One board member was noted as saying after he learned about some of Wallis' actions at his previous stop as a positive thing and just what the district needed. The members that hired him should feel the heat from the public and be held accountable for letting this go on for 5 years
dv0478
[We have already warned you about cluttering up threads with that comment. -Staff]
Rapier108
Glad I'm not in that meeting tonight. They've been at it for closing in on 5 hours.
Rapier108

duffelpud
AG
CactusThomas
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
He's been here 5 years, which is pretty good for a superintendent, say what you will. The board unanimously voted to extend his contract 3 years, back in March, and they gave him a raise this summer. Hope the best for him.
GunRangeGal
AG
KBTX actually knocked on the man's door and tried to interview him. I don't care what is going on in the district, you don't show up on at a family's home looking for dirt. Classless.
Post removed:
by user
bcsag75
Why did he answer the door ? He didn't have to . Surely he doesn't just open a door without looking to see who it is!!
Frio Cielo
KBTX has absolutely no right to go onto private property to try to get a story. The proper procedure is to call ahead for an interview.

Did they really think by cold calling on him they would get an interview?

He should have called the police to report persons trespassing on his property.

yawny06
AG
Wish I would have known...we live across the street...would have run them off. That is shameful!
BigBubba
AG
Wow, some of y'all need to watch news from Houston and other areas. They do that stuff all the time. I think in this case it was probably not appropriate though. I am surprised he opened the door.
W
AG
yep, that is S.O.P. in Houston for local news
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Just curious, but why was what they did so egregious? He is a public figure, like it or not. That changes the game in some regard.

Why answer the door? His choice to do so.

I recently moved here so I have no real knowledge of the back story but I did live for years in another BISD in Beaumont. Some here may have heard of the problems therein.

If only they had knocked on the door a few years earlier . . .

I have no idea if what is happening here is similar but I am for finding out.
Stupe
S
So what if that's what the do in larger cities?

The reason a lot of us live here is because we don't want to deal with that kind stuff.
Stupe
S
quote:
Just curious, but why was what they did so egregious? He is a public figure, like it or not. That changes the game in some regard.

That does not give them the right to go on his private property and bother him at his residence.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.