Must be Heaven

4,767 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by theeagle
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry to hear Must be Heaven closing downtown, one of my favorite places. Why?
redd38
AG
Location was hell
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
never saw any real value in that restaurant as a patron other than the fact that sometimes if i'm craving peach cobbler a la mode there's a place i could go get it. other than that, the food was kinda subpar. just my opinion of course...others are welcome to disagree.

sucks that perhaps a small local business will no longer be though.
CEAg78
AG
Personally, I love their avocado stuffed with chicken salad.

Either way, the other two locations are still open.
Look Out Below
AG
The other two locations usually kill it at lunch. It would slay in SoCo as well. I don't think they'll miss the DTB location with the two BCS stores and the original one in Brenham still up and running. My biggest complaint with them is they don't stay open for dinner. I love that place.
BCS-Ag
Their hours were odd, I went there several times and they were closed or not serving food
Goose83
AG
I went there once and asked if I could have the hero sandwich, but not cooked, as I like my cold cut sandwiches cold. I was rather curtly told no, and made to feeI as if I was Jack Nicholson just because I asked them not to put it in the microwave.

Anyway, that was the last time I went there.
AggiePhil
AG
I go there pretty regularly but never to the downtown Bryan location. It'd be nice to have another one in CS somewhere.
meezermom
Went there once for lunch. The food was OK and we might have gone back and tried it again, but the music was ATROCIOUS. We ate quickly and left.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i think a similar concept with better food/sandwiches would do really well.
AggiePhil
AG
We need another Jason's Deli in town. Preferably on the south side.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
The other two locations usually kill it at lunch. It would slay in SoCo as well. I don't think they'll miss the DTB location with the two BCS stores and the original one in Brenham still up and running. My biggest complaint with them is they don't stay open for dinner. I love that place.
So you don't consider Rock Prairie to be south College Station or is there some other place that SoCo could stand for? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to support one per exit down here.
Look Out Below
AG
quote:
So you don't consider Rock Prairie to be south College Station or is there some other place that SoCo could stand for? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to support one per exit down here.
No, I don't. Based on the residential explosion to the south I think the RP area is slowly turning into central C.S. It will be nice when the commercial side catches up.
Goose83
AG
quote:
We need another Jason's Deli in town. Preferably on the south side.
We need one in Bryan as well, ideally somewhere in the Target shopping center.
australopithecus robustus
There's one Jason's deli in Lubbock and one in Amarillo. Both cities are larger than BCS. Why do we NEED 2 or 3?
FlyRod
Because we can't have too many chain franchises...can't you see?
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Where Jason's originated, Beaumont, there are two locations. The original in a strip mall area and a stand alone location. Both are packed daily. The owners are good Ags by the way.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
Where Jason's originated, Beaumont, there are two locations. The original in a strip mall area and a stand alone location. Both are packed daily. The owners are good Ags by the way.
I've been going to Jason's since I was 8. The original location introduced me to Altoids and Dr. Brown's Creme Soda. There used to be more than two locations in Beaumont, FYI.
FNG
Something good originated in Beaumont?
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Yeah, me and a few other things.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i go to Jason's maybe 3-4 times a year at most. my usual lunch time is around 130 and its been packed, or near packed every time. i know people who don't go there now because they don't wana deal with the crowds.

another location in either Bryan or CS would easily do very very well.
Well they know what they're doing. They likely know from their demographic research that another store would pilfer some business from the existing.

For many concepts, this is still a one store town.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Well they know what they're doing. They likely know from their demographic research that another store would pilfer some business from the existing.

For many concepts, this is still a one store town.
"but there are TWO towns here"/Bryan resident.
Haha yes right. This is still a one store Metropolitan Statistical Area lol
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Must Be Heaven is a great concept that originated in Brenham. Handmade sammiches and handspun Blue Bell ice cream on top of your favorite pie or cobbler. They will do well in Brenham because they are "kitschy" to the Austin/Houston crowd, who would rarely -- if ever -- venture to BCS. They probably should've stuck with one location in BCS. Can't blame them for trying, though.
theeagle
AG
After hearing from disappointed customers, Must Be Heaven owners have reconsidered and decided to keep the downtown location open.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.