Oil change recommendation?

2,800 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dubi
Dstrip123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had multiple bad experience at shops around town and I am looking for a place that won't break my car while changing the oil. Any places you guys trust?
FNG
My driveway
FlyRod
Place on Harvey just across from Post Oak Mall right before 6. Can't recall name...it's a little place. But I've had good luck there.
halibut sinclair
I like the Quick Lane at CS Ford.
Pyewacket
AG
pilgers
FNG
quote:
Place on Harvey just across from Post Oak Mall right before 6. Can't recall name...it's a little place. But I've had good luck there.

Kwik Kar

It's aight.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
My driveway

After several bad experiences, this.
FNG
quote:
quote:
My driveway

After several bad experiences, this.

It's pretty incredible the stories that come out of some of those places.

A place I worked in the past had all of their fleet vehicles visit a local oil change place when it was time. They were generally pretty good and reasonable.

One of the owners of our company said that the pastor of their church got a new engine out of that same business when they didn't replace the drain plug or didn't tighten it, I forget which. He made it about a mile before his engine seized and he coasted into a Kroger parking lot.

I asked the guys there about it when I took one of the trucks for an oil change. They said they knew of three times their place of employment had replaced engines for that reason.

Unreal.
double b
AG
Mobil 1 on Villa Maria.
Post removed:
by user
BCStalk
Petes. Stupid expensive but reliable.
woodometer
AG
I've been going to KwikKar on Harvey since they opened probably abt 15 years ago. Always had pretty good service and the truck is still going. I do think they have changed owners a couple of times. In full disclosure I will say that the last time I had my oil changed they say they check all of the fluid levels. The next day after the service my power steering started squeeling. Checked the fluid and it was indeed very low so obviously they didnt check it. I filled it so no harm no foul. I'll still go back. Next time I will ask if they checked everything.
halibut sinclair
quote:
My driveway

When can the OP bring his car over for you to change his oil in your driveway?
FNG
quote:
quote:
My driveway

When can the OP bring his car over for you to change his oil in your driveway?

He has to buy his own oil and filter, get a new washer to go with the drain plug, and take the used oil and filter with him to be properly disposed/recycled when he leaves.

And the car will need to sit for a few hours to cool down when he arrives. I don't want to have scorching hot oil to work with.

Actually, he needs to also bring a Fumoto drain valve plug to install (recommended by auto board) for easier future oil changes.

My fee will be reasonable. I'll let him mow or trim weeds or brush while the car cools down. And provide free drinking water.
medic1969p
We use Wolf Pen on Harvey
The Anchor
AG
Christian Brothers
Butterfly1205
Christian Brothers
AggiePlaya
AG
NOT the Goodyear on South Texas ave. Not only did they tell me synthetic was required on my car (It isn't), my car started leaking oil and it turns out they failed to properly tighten the drain pan plug
Kitten With A Whip
I like Shell Rapid Lube, in Bryan. They are located right across the street from Mi Familia and Hot Dogs Etc. You don't even have to get out. Just let them guide you in and the guy beneath does the oil change and the guy up top checks and tops off fluids. All you have to do after that is pay and leave. Works for me!
dubi
AG
Honda dealer

Free water
Free fresh chocolate chip cookies
Free popcorn
Free wifi

Why would you go anywhere else? FYI, if you don't own a Honda then bring your own filter for faster service. Saturday appointments available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.