Silk Eyesore

10,179 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by kraut
Post removed:
by user
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Is the original poster part of the moral police trying to get a petition together to stop Hooters?
What does that have anything to do with the fact that there is a black and pink building (that's not even completely painted...there are patches on the front not done) with weeds growing over the whole parking lot that's right off the highway on the way into town?

Calling an eyesore an eyesore does not mean that the OP is some Ned Flanders-type who runs around screaming "think of the children!" The anti-anti-Hooters people are just as ridiculous as the anti-Hooters people.

That run-down dump is a terrible eyesore and is embarrassing.

And we don't need a Hooters because their food sucks.
LOYAL AG
AG
I was half right. Turns out the building owner apparently was the owner of the business as well, or at least she owned the business personal property there in addition to owning the building. She does live in Canada. The facility is worth $685K according to tax records. Market value of that tract of land has to be higher than that. My guess is that the state has a lien against it for the $200K in back taxes. They also owe Brazos County almost $22K for their 2015 Property Taxes. In other words nothing is going to happen for awhile until the owner can get it sold. Since the business literally failed I'm going to guess the building was heavily leveraged which may be another complicating factor. There may be a bank that owns a property it probably wants to foreclose on to satisfy it's $600K+ note and the state and county are standing in the way with their hands out looking for their combined $220K cut first.
Oogway
quote:
quote:
Is the original poster part of the moral police trying to get a petition together to stop Hooters?
SNIP

Calling an eyesore an eyesore does not mean that the OP is some Ned Flanders-type who runs around screaming "think of the children!" The anti-anti-Hooters people are just as ridiculous as the anti-Hooters people.

That run-down dump is a terrible eyesore and is embarrassing.

And we don't need a Hooters because their food sucks.
Bolds and italics mine. Calling out your excellent Ned Flanders reference...
MeKnowNot
quote:
Just to clarify, I am not anti-Hooter's; just anti code-violating, prime real estate that's not generating any tax revenue to help grow a better community.

Off topic, but I fully support Hooter's current efforts to promote a National First Responders Day.
The Anchor
AG
I saw a news camera outside of there about an hour ago. It looks like TexAgs is KBTX's material source again.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
Sounds like clean up of the property & maybe a new paint job for the building would be a good project for The Big Event.
australopithecus robustus
The Pappas owned property on Texas in front of Best Buy, next to Aggieland Cycling, is overgrown with grass too.

Guess since it's not an old house of ill repute it gets a pass.
FNG
quote:
Sounds like clean up of the property & maybe a new paint job for the building would be a good project for The Big Event.

So you are fine with it staying in this condition until March?
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

No, I think you ought to go out there and do something about it. It's one thing to belly ache online. Quite another to get out there & actually work on solving problems in our community.
FlyRod
Sincerely hoping someone buys it and turns into something far raunchier than the Sock.
Prune Tracy
quote:
Sincerely hoping someone buys it and turns into something far raunchier than the Sock.

Zone D'Erotica or whatever the trashy sex toy shop is called!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:

Broncos
Woodys of College Station
AFM
So the CoCS makes all the landlords pay fees and register their residential rental properties but apparently they don't have the same rules for commercial properties. Maybe they should.
FNG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I think you ought to go out there and do something about it. It's one thing to belly ache online. Quite another to get out there & actually work on solving problems in our community.

The post of mine that you quoted was my first post on this thread. It was a question, not "bellyaching". I realize words can be confusing.

The point you missed is that Big Event doesn't occur until March. Waiting until then for corrective measures is hardly "solving problems in our community".

Perhaps the People's Republik can mow, trim weeds, fix the lights at the front entry that were broken every other week when the Sock was open, and have some community service work performed to paint the building.

Lord knows that if someone in town lets their yard get too unkempt, the city will contact them and fine them if needed. Not sure why this location gets a pass.
kraut
AG
quote:
Lord knows that if someone in town lets their yard get too unkempt, the city will contact them and fine them if needed. Not sure why this location gets a pass.
How do you know that they aren't sending them fines and notifications? Someone already pointed out how far behind they are on taxes, I would imagine they don't care what the city fines them.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.