Dog boarding during Aggie game?

1,800 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by thefarcus
PetroAg87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know if there are any kennels in town that will board dogs during the Aggie games and offer Saturday evening pick ups? We aren't staying in town Saturday night, so having to wait until Sunday afternoon to pick her up will be no bueno...

Thanks Ags.
TSJ
AG
This sounds like a good business opportunity....
PetroAg87
AG
Yeah I've wondered if there was some student group or the A&M vet center doing something like this as part of a fundraiser opportunity.

With this coming up weekend being Labor day, we plan on going from the game straight to a camping trip at the lake. That means that we either board our dog for the afternoon in CS, board the dog back in Houston and not take her camping, or drive back to Houston Saturday night just so we can pick up the dog.
armymom
Good luck finding one. Boarding facilities in Aggieland have strict pick up times. But I did find this at Steep Hollow. They are east of town a little ways but nice facility. Worth calling!
AJ02
AG
Check rover.com. I do petsitting out of my home, and if I weren't an Aggie, that's a service I would offer.
BrandoC
AG
Americas Country Store. http://closequartersfeed.prohost.mobi/groom___board?t=n4jds9itp4tf489i3fmal60ht3
PetroAg87
AG
Thanks armymom and BrandoC. Either of those two places might be a good option.

Update: Called Steep Hollow and reserved a spot for my dog next Saturday. Thanks.
TxAgg07
AG
Check out BCS Sitters. It is a babysitting service but I think they also offer dog watching and house sitting.
LunitadelNox
America's Country Store does.

I already booked my dog for some of the home games when we'll have guests over. He gets too excited with all the commotion.

IIRC, it's a flat $15 for the day if you pick up before they close.
thefarcus
Check out www.rover.com .
I've used them twice so far and have had great luck. 2 dogs for sitting in my house was 30 bucks a day. Rates vary on who you choose.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.