World of Beer

5,324 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Broncos
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've enjoyed every visit (like 9$
MondayMorningQB
AG
Best food selections there?
halibut sinclair
quote:
Glad for the variety in town, glad it's here.

That said, I tried it once. Had to park in back and walk. I know, I know, the horror. But I think it was 105 that day.
Sounds like techo needs to get off the computer and get some exercise.
Broncos
quote:

The shrimp tacos are legit. The steak and frites is good as well.

If you go during beerunch on Sunday the chicken and waffle sandwich is good.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
quote:

and that is the ONLY time you can even get chicken and waffles there. WEAK.

I love WoB for the beer selection, but the food is just bar food, meh.

We'll take our coin to locally owned Cafe Eccel for food and if we then want a great beer selection, then WoB.

Eccel just started serving Chicken and Waffles for brunch (I placed my order around 1:00 yesterday and they were still had the waffle iron going. They were pretty good by the way. I've had Christopher's, which was decent, but I thought this was better (for good old fashioned chicken and waffles).
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

and that is the ONLY time you can even get chicken and waffles there. WEAK.

I love WoB for the beer selection, but the food is just bar food, meh.

We'll take our coin to locally owned Cafe Eccel for food and if we then want a great beer selection, then WoB.

Eccel just started serving Chicken and Waffles for brunch (I placed my order around 1:00 yesterday and they were still had the waffle iron going. They were pretty good by the way. I've had Christopher's, which was decent, but I thought this was better (for good old fashioned chicken and waffles).
Is brunch the only time you can get chicken and waffles at Caf Eccel? Is that not equally WEAK as WoB only serving chicken and waffles during beerunch?
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
(I placed my order around 1:00 yesterday and they were still had the waffle iron going.

negative ghostrider. Cafe Eccel has brunch Saturday and Sunday, that's a good 8 or 9 hours of brunch.

"beerunch" is a 4 hour window once a week at WoB. This is an SEC town, go strong or don't offer it. Chicken n Waffles = SEC food
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
(I placed my order around 1:00 yesterday and they were still had the waffle iron going.

negative ghostrider. Cafe Eccel has brunch Saturday and Sunday, that's a good 8 or 9 hours of brunch.

"beerunch" is a 4 hour window once a week at WoB. This is an SEC town, go strong or don't offer it. Chicken n Waffles = SEC food

"strong" would be chicken and waffles all day every day. Just two 4 hour windows only sounds slightly less weak than one 4 hour window.
FlyRod
At least we know we don't need a Waffle House here, as people can get chicken and waffles at these other places. I mean, it would be like asking for a Whole Foods when we can buy organic produce at all these other local places...
ksp
The food is OK , and the service has always been adequate to good when I go. Location isn't ideal, but parking is free and painless.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:

"strong" would be chicken and waffles all day every day. Just two 4 hour windows only sounds slightly less weak than one 4 hour window.
I agree with you.... just glad to have the option at Eccel, where we go semi regularly for brunch. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad to have World of Beer's beer selection. Hopefully the food and service gets better. I'm going to uber it there and uber it home with some friends at some point

speaking of chicken n waffles - Shannon's new restaurant (next to the old one) is up and running!
Oogway
quote:
quote:
Glad for the variety in town, glad it's here.

That said, I tried it once. Had to park in back and walk. I know, I know, the horror. But I think it was 105 that day.
Sounds like techo needs to get off the computer and get some exercise.
See, techno? The marathon is calling you! Or maybe the Computer to 5K....gotta start somewhere!
Broncos
quote:
quote:

My guess is he's been at WOB all morning.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.