2016 High School Football Thread

54,306 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Oogway
6-4-3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy for Lee and for Consol.
eloc62
Great news for the Consolidated football program! I have no doubt he will have success there, just hoping it's not next year. my son will be a senior on the CSHS varsity football team next year. gotta root for your kid! after that, I'm all in for Consol since i graduated from there and went to high school with the Fedora brothers back in the 1980's.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
I came here to find out why the Consol coach left. We (Brenham) got beat by Consol in the 2nd round of the playoffs this season. All of us arm-chair quarterbacks at the game thought Consol was very well coached.

Hopefully y'all won't skip a beat with Fedora coming in to take over.Congrats!
gettingitdone
Just saw a post in the Eagle that Lee Fadora was named head football coach at Rudder?!? Actually the post read " The Bryan School Board just unanimously named Lee Fedora head football coach at Rudder High School"

Obvious error, but funny that The Eagle would tweet this. Tweet has since been deleted....Lol
gibby03
AG
They were getting ahead of themselves a little. It was supposed to be Greg Morgan, the Madisonville HC from two years ago. He was the HC at Madisonville for 16 years before stepping down last year. It was funny though.
welborn
Aside from having his son under center and the Whaley brothers, Greg had a rough go at Madisonville. Maybe the Bryan talent pool will allow him to reach his coaching potential.

thats a damn good family regardless of his record. Greg is a Louisiana dude like me and I enjoyed working with him in the Ville. Though not on his football staff, he was a great easy going AD when I was there.
eloc62
Blue Bell Ag said:

I came here to find out why the Consol coach left. We (Brenham) got beat by Consol in the 2nd round of the playoffs this season. All of us arm-chair quarterbacks at the game thought Consol was very well coached.

I think I remember hearing the Consol coach left to join Tom Hermans staff at UT in Austin.
gibby03
AG
eloc62 said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

I think I remember hearing the Consol coach left to join Tom Hermans staff at UT in Austin.

There was speculation but as of today he's not a part of their staff. Herman simply mentioned him in his press conference because he and Raffield have known each other since college and it gave him an opportunity to speak of another Texas HS football coach and pump those guys up a little bit. Right now Raffield doesn't have a job.
victory
AG
Raffield is going back to Cypress ISD opening up the new school as the HFC/CC
pudge
I enjoyed working with Coach Raffield before I retired. He's also well liked and respected by many coaches I know in the Houston area. I'm glad he's still in coaching and I'll bet he gets a nice bump in pay by going to Cy-Fair ISD.
Tailgate88
AG
So, when will the 2017 UIL football schedules be released?
gibby03
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Same as the 2016 football season just flip sites on where they played. If you played them at home during the 2016 year, you will play them at their place in 2017.
Tailgate88
AG
gibby03 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Same as the 2016 football season just flip sites on where they played. If you played them at home during the 2016 year, you will play them at their place in 2017.
Yup I get that. But I'm wanting to specifics as to when we'll have home games and when we'll have away games. We are trying to plan a weekend for family to come in to see a Friday night game and then a Saturday Aggie home game.
gibby03
AG
What school? Let me know and I will post their schedule for you.
Tailgate88
AG
CSHS, thanks!
gibby03
AG
If you go by these tentative dates put forth by the UIL:

UIL Website Info for 2017

And assuming all their games are on a Friday.

Then CSHS schedule for next year will be:

Sept. 1 - C.E. King
Sept. 8 - @ Killeen Shoemaker
Sept. 15 - @ St. Thomas Catholic (this may the exception)
Sept. 22 - Pflugerville
Sept. 29 - @ Bryan
Oct. 6 - Waco University
Oct. 13 - @ A&M Consolidated
Oct. 20 - Rudder
Oct. 27 - @ Waco
Nov. 3 - Temple
Nov. 10 - BYE WEEK

Again, if those dates are correct then that will be their schedule. The exception being because St. Thomas is a private school but I would venture to say they are playing them again. And if they do it will be there so it doesn't matter for your purposes.
eloc62
So looks like CSHS gets their bye on last week of season again. good thing or bad thing?
Tailgate88
AG
gibby03 said:

If you go by these tentative dates put forth by the UIL:

UIL Website Info for 2017

And assuming all their games are on a Friday.

Then CSHS schedule for next year will be:

Sept. 1 - C.E. King
Sept. 8 - @ Killeen Shoemaker
Sept. 15 - @ St. Thomas Catholic (this may the exception)
Sept. 22 - Pflugerville
Sept. 29 - @ Bryan
Oct. 6 - Waco University
Oct. 13 - @ A&M Consolidated
Oct. 20 - Rudder
Oct. 27 - @ Waco
Nov. 3 - Temple
Nov. 10 - BYE WEEK

Again, if those dates are correct then that will be their schedule. The exception being because St. Thomas is a private school but I would venture to say they are playing them again. And if they do it will be there so it doesn't matter for your purposes.

So they play the same order but just alternate home and away? And get their bye week last? If I was other teams I would complain that was an unfair advantage for a team likely headed to the playoffs. I assumed the venue would flip but the order would get mixed up some.
Beau Bevers
AG
Not all coaches see a bye for the last week as a good thing. Many do not want the break in routine and the accompanying "rust" that comes with it right before the playoffs.
Oogway
Most coaches I know take each day as it comes, day in and day out working away at what they can control and trying not to stress out over what they cannot.

Maybe your guests can go to a homecoming, those can be fun to watch (for those that enjoy the halftime as much as the football game).
gibby03
AG
eloc62 said:

So looks like CSHS gets their bye on last week of season again. good thing or bad thing?
It all depends on the status of their team honestly. If you're banged up and need to get some guys healthy, it's a GREAT time for a bye heading into the playoffs. Or, if your hot and on a roll, it could kill the momentum you have going. Some coaches despise or like it regardless, it all depends on the coach.

Just an FYI for some who may not understand this whole thing, CSHS didn't pick their bye. It was assigned based on how the rest of the district "pulled" their game order when the Head Coaches met last year. Being a 7 team district someone each week will have a BYE and CSHS just so happened to get their's Week 11.
gibby03
AG
Oogway said:

Most coaches I know take each day as it comes, day in and day out working away at what they can control and trying not to stress out over what they cannot.

Maybe your guests can go to a homecoming, those can be fun to watch (for those that enjoy the halftime as much as the football game).
Based on that schedule I see for them I am going to go ahead and assume their Homecoming game will either be Oct. 6th vs Waco University or Oct. 20th vs Rudder. Just a hunch.
Tailgate88
AG
Oogway said:

Actually, that would be the worst possible game for our guests, because my kids are in band, and they don't get to do their show on Homecoming because they are playing the same song over and over and over and over and over while they do the Homecoming court and related festivities. I need a home game, preferably in October, with a home Aggie game the next day, that's not Homecoming.

Simple, right?
Oogway
Completely understand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.