Motorcycle cops hiding out on 2818 between Holleman and Luther

3,885 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tmaggies
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be on the lookout. Saw a group of 4 or 5 of them while 2 had people pulled over within 100 yards of each other.

They were there on my way home for lunch and on my way back to work.
FlyRod
Good job LEOs. Keep it up!
The Anchor
AG
quote:
Be on the lookout. Saw a group of 4 or 5 of them while 2 had people pulled over within 100 yards of each other.

They were there on my way home for lunch and on my way back to work.
So they are working and not hiding out?
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Same on university between Pei Wei and the fire station.......serve and protect, riiiiiiiight
BlueMiles
95_Aggie
ksp
These threads crack me up.

You can always tell the speeders from the one who drive as posted.

Not pulled over in 27 years.

Non issue for me.

Agree great job LEO's of protecting and serving, hope they nail very single person speeding along this road.

FYI they usually require you be going 8 plus MPH over the speed limit to get pulled over. Drivers deserve said ticket every single time if they exceed this.

I think I will text my cycle cop friends Mr Turner and Mr Gonzales and thank them once again for their great efforts!! Kudos

P.S. to those who don't know, cycle cops are 100% traffic assigned and are professional. You will NOT get out of your ticket.
techno-ag
AG
Always good to know where they are so we can drive extra careful in those areas. Seems like I recall TLIAC used to give their locations on the radio every week back when she was the PR officer for CS.
kevmiller
quote:

Non issue for me.

Agree great job LEO's of protecting and serving, hope they nail very single person speeding along this road.

I have not received one traffic citation from CSPD in over 10 years.
I don't speed .
I think CSPD traffic enforcement is a complete joke.. Motorcycle cops hiding behind bushes and stuff is laughable.

ksp
quote:
Always good to know where they are so we can drive extra careful in those areas. Seems like I recall TLIAC used to give their locations on the radio every week back when she was the PR officer for CS.
Yes they announce it every week after complaints from citizens, but lets not let facts get in the way of the peeps on pedestals here.
ksp
quote:
quote:

Non issue for me.

I don't speed .
I think CSPD traffic enforcement is a complete joke.. Motorcycle cops hiding behind bushes and stuff is laughable.
I respect cops and appreciate all they do.. CSPD traffic cops.. Yeah not so much.

the same goes for every drivers, don't speed, non issue. Super easy stuff and not a trick either.
FlyRod
quote:
Always good to know where they are so we can drive extra careful in those areas.

Please do us all a favor and drive extra careful in all areas, thanks.
SumAggie
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I need to go figure out how extracting $275 from me for going 5 over is "protecting and serving" me.... 10 over - ticket. Any less? hmmmmm
Frio Cielo
I really don't care as I drive the speed limit or below 99% of the time and have received probably four tickets in more than 30 years.

What does amuse me is that they can park in locations such as on the center medium of the street, on public and private grassed lawns, on sidewalks, the wrong direction on the street, in no parking areas, etc. etc., etc that if we did it we would get a ticket or at least a warning..
FlyRod
And how dare they speed while pursuing a perp...we can't do that!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
They are there pretty often and have been for yrs.
LJF78
the cops hiding in medians, behind bushes and signs ect is over the top.
And you see it pretty much on a daily basis in CS.
Motorcycle cops are always hiding out.

jja79
AG
If they're hiding how do you see them daily?
AgsWin2011
AG
Yes they were hiding out very far back in the driveway of Walden Ponds Apartment Homes. You couldn't see them until you drove right by them. The only reason I noticed them on my way home was because, like I said, they had 2 vehicles pulled over within 100 yards of each other.

So sorry for trying to let the citizens of my city know to be careful and watch their speed and avoid throwing their hard earned money down the drain.

Also, I have never got a speeding ticket, nor ever been pulled over for speeding. No need to knock on wood because I don't speed.
AgsWin2011
AG
NM
Stupe
S
quote:
If they're hiding how do you see them daily?
australopithecus robustus
Because they don't hide well
ksp
quote:
quote:

Non issue for me.

I don't speed .

Again the areas they patrol are areas that citizens of CS have submitted complaints on.

I for one am glad they listen and respond as opposed to just ignoring concerns.

When the LEO's are there, if they begin to issues citations, then the citizens were correct in their assessment.

Would be wise for the smart ones here who know so much, to actually sit down with ones of the traffic professional within our police dept and listen to them.

Any one here think 8 plus MPH over the speed limit doesn't deserve a citation?
91_Aggie
AG
If they were truly concerned about safety they'd have 5 of them at Harvey and Texas 24/7... It would also help their bottom line... they could essentially give 5 tickets every time the left turn arrow from Texas on to Harvey turned red.

ksp
By the time time judges and all hourly people involved in the process of tickets, what most do not realize is, this is not a great profit generator as a lot most generously state here.
Clo004
If an average traffic ticket goes to trial and the city wins it will still cost the city more than the fines end up being.
isitjustme
AG
I exceed the speed limit regularly, but it's all based on what the limit is, where the road is located, driving conditions, and flow of traffic. And I don't exceed the speed limit by more than 8-10%, except in school zones where I do my best not to exceed it at all.

I realize that when I speed by any amount, I can get a ticket - and that is all on me. In most cases, the above criteria keep me off the officers' radar so to speak. The two speeding tickets I have received over the past 35 years were both when I broke my own speeding rules and got caught. I just paid the tickets and moved on.

As Barretta says, don't do the crime if you can't do the time, and don't speed if you don't want a fine.
AggieJason
AG
quote:
I'll have to get back to you on this one. I need to go figure out how extracting $275 from me for going 5 over is "protecting and serving" me.... 10 over - ticket. Any less? hmmmmm

Um, because "10 over" is breaking the law -- you're being a dangerous driver to those around you regardless of what YOU think your capacity is for driving that speed.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
quote:

Um, because "10 over" is breaking the law -- you're being a dangerous driver to those around you regardless of what YOU think your capacity is for driving that speed.
These can both be argued to no end...but this is just another one of those threads. Neighborhoods, definitely don't speed, school zones - heck no. In general in town I don't speed at all. Now headed out of town on a highway that is nice and open road, sure I've been known to speed occasionally, but I still get passed like I'm standing still at times.

I don't think it's the driver's capacity or ability, I know it is. I'd also add it has to do with the car. Is it a clunker or is it up to date, brakes good, tires good etc.? following distances from cars in front? These are all driving 101, but are lost on many of the drivers here.

If I go 5 over here or there I'm okay not winning the model citizen of the year award
Post removed:
by user
txyaloo
AG
quote:
By the time time judges and all hourly people involved in the process of tickets, what most do not realize is, this is not a great profit generator as a lot most generously state here.
Don't forget a large percentage of the citation funds goes to the state. Cities books are public. Anyone that believes tickets are for revenue generation in most cities should go look at the books themselves. I've done it. As you mentioned, citation revenue doesn't usually cover the costs of the officers writing the tickets.

Also, for the people saying "protect and serve"... That's the motto of LAPD. SCOTUS has ruled multiple times that law enforcement has no duty to either protect or serve.
The Anchor
AG
This area is also notorious for serious, sometimes fatal, wrecks since all the new apartments popped up. I applaud CSPD for getting out there ASAP as the semester begins.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
45 and not one ticket. Follow the rules and don't speed. My deepest appreciation to all LEOs and respect. Keep up the good work.
Jet Blue
AG
Complaining about police enforcing the law...I cant believe how stupid some people are.
cz308
quote:
quote:

Non issue for me.

I don't speed .

Same, except I do speed. Guess I'm just lucky. Folks running red lights are more of a concern than minor speeding.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.