Wedding Venues?

6,383 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Big_Worm
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any great experiences with wedding venues in the Brazos Valley? We have a few tours set up but are looking for all options...
DeckMe80
Olde Dobbin Station. Not exactly in the BV, but close.
BCStalk
I would suggest staying away from The Inn at Quarry Ridge. We definitely did not have a good experience at our wedding, and for an only once event it's not worth the risk.
cslifer
If you are looking for an outdoor ceremony the Greenbranch off of steep hollow is great.
ksp
Rock lake Ranch in Carlos/Anderson
ksp
Never been to one there, But hear Moore Ranch is awesome.
Ornlu
AG
We used The Veranda in Bryan, near Messina Hoff. It's on 7 acres, fits about 200, and has a large pond out front with a huge deck. Contact info:

Steve Porter
The Veranda
979 731 8155
armymom
Richey Ranch by the Bryan airport
nashvilleaggie11
Peach Creek Ranch
http://www.peachcreekranch.com
nwspmp
I used the Brazos Cotton Exchange earlier this year. Was incredible and a great price too, which was good as we did most of the prep and decorations ourselves.

http://www.brazoscottonexchange.com/
TexasAggie_02
AG
Avalon for a smaller gathering

I attended a wedding at the Inn at Quarry Ridge, and thought it was great. I didn't deal with the owners, so i can't comment on that.
Roc96
AG
My wife and I got married on the steps of the Administration Building.
FlyRod
Would second Peach Creek Ranch.

A tad far afield but the Antique Rose Emporium in Independence is VERY popular for this.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
A tad far afield but the Antique Rose Emporium in Independence is VERY popular for this.
forgot about there, that's a good place as well
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Went to a wedding a few years ago at The 7F Lodge off Greens Prairie Road near Wellborn. It looked nice.
techno-ag
AG
Avalon.
halibut sinclair
+1 for The Veranda or 7F.
double b
AG
We used the Veranda many years ago, 2005, and it was great for us!
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Call Moore Ranch on the Brazos. It's beautiful -- tell Tara that Kourtney sent you.
barbara314tx
We had an awesome experience with The Inn @ Quarry Ridge. They were so good to work with and helped us out in so many ways. I highly recommend it.
grateful
Brownstone Reserve off Hwy 21 in Bryan. That place will be a prime wedding and event location.
studioone
Best garden in the brazos valley....

www.avalonweddingsbcs.com
SARATOGA
Peach Creek Ranch HASN'T OPENED YET, and is ALREADY SOLD OUT for 2017 ???

???

That is some well done entrepreneuring for whomever opened that. Apparently wedding venues are an underserved market in town. Who knew ? (The Peach Creek people apparently)

KidDoc
AG
My wife organized my daughter's at Astin Mansion in downtown Bryan. Worked out amazingly well.

http://www.astinmansion.com/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nashvilleaggie11
Yep. They are some young brilliant entrepreneurs and even better people.
gettingitdone
My daughter and her fianc selected Broken Arrow Ranch. It is in CS off Hwy 30 going towards Huntsville. It isn't too far past Bird Pond road. The facility and the grounds are absolutely amazing. Check them out on the web or visit their fb page. We have been pleased with our dealings with them thus far. Really it will all depend on how many people you are planning to invite/seat
LunitadelNox
Avalon is great for weddings under 150 guests. Very nice venue.

Not a big fan of 7F Ranch. I think it's a little shabby and too tiny. Went to a wedding with 200 people there and it was so crowded. I couldn't even sit down. My friend bumped into the bartender and spilled beer all over her because it was so small.

sambo13
AG
Double Creek Crossing between College Station and Caldwell.
Roc96
AG
I will second the recommendation for 7F Lodge. It's very close, very elegant and convenient. It's not so great for a wedding in hot months, though.
studioone
quote:
Apparently wedding venues are an underserved market in town. Who knew ? (The Peach Creek people apparently)

actually, i believe they are overbuilding... (yes, I'm one of them.... but mines' different...)

i know of 4 on peach creek/159 alone, 2 of which opened or are opening this year... one west of town, two in downtown bryan, and a few scattered hither and yon...

one of the new ones has a monthly note of about $15,000... and i hate to break it to them, but the average budget for brides is around $10k in this area... thats TOTAL... venue, dj,, food, photographer (Sigh), florist.... all for $10k...

i know of two that have gone out of business or are about to...

shrug...

all else fails, i'll just raise bees and rent out a hog hunting place...
australopithecus robustus
Rock creek ranch was pretty nice
2007aggie
AG
We got married at the Greenbranch in 2009. The owners were extremely nice and helpful. We loved it and still get compliments on the location.
double b
AG
quote:
quote:
Apparently wedding venues are an underserved market in town. Who knew ? (The Peach Creek people apparently)

one of the new ones has a monthly note of about $15,000... and i hate to break it to them, but the average budget for brides is around $10k in this area... thats TOTAL... venue, dj,, food, photographer (Sigh), florist.... all for $10k...

That's just bad business sense and not knowing your market. The wedding business is huge around here because so many Aggies want to be married here. However, as you mentioned these are younger couples whose budgets are much smaller than the metropolitan areas of Austin, Dallas and Houston.

First thing about running a business is you have to know your market research.
RepublicBrand
AG
Our daughter did a riding camp at Serenity Reins this summer. Super nice people and fun location for the horsey set.
http://brazosvalleybride.com/vendor/serenity-reins/
txaggie_2011
AG
quote:
Avalon is great for weddings under 150 guests. Very nice venue.

I officiated a wedding at Avalon this summer and it was very nice. Staff had to scramble to move the ceremony from the yard/gazebo to the porch when rain moved in but they did a great job regrouoping.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.