Attention Engineers or anybody else that can help

1,365 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
medic1969p
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I have a 15 years old high school exchange student that loves astrophysics and wants to be an engineer. She's on the ground in Louisiana and due to a change with her host family we need to find her another host family. We can get her moved immediately. She's 15 years old and from Azerbaijan. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more info. She can be placed anywhere in the U.S. she just needs a host family. Please read her letter below

Dear American Family,

The possibility of spending a year with you is a pleasure for me. In advance, I would like to thank you for taking time to read my letter and get to know me.
Hi! My name is Nurgul and I am an ambitious young woman with lots of goals and interests. I have quite different range of interests such as reading books about astrophysics, watching Sci-Fi movies, playing basketball, etc. I do also enjoy a diversity range of genres of music from classical music to rap.
As I love coding, I code for 3 to 4 hours every day. Also as a bookworm I do enjoy spending my free time at the library.
I am living in a big city located near the beautiful Caspian shore. It is a lovely and lively city that provides me and my friends with lots of interesting places to have fun. Me and my irreplaceable friends, who are absolutely cheerful and who share the same interests with me, love having valuable time in my young and energetic city.
My dear host family, I would also like to introduce my family, which consists of 5 people:
dad, mom, two brothers and me. My mom works in a private school as a social science teacher. She is a very easy-going and communicative person (some of the characteristics that I believe we have in common). Shei s amazingly talented to make creative handicrafts and I like helping her. My father works in government field. My dad is a very athletic and wise man. I personally think I got my athleticism from him. As an award winner karate man he trains me and my brothers in his free time. Moreover, I got 2, both funny and naughty, brothers that I love very much. They both are passionate to be basketball players. As a sister I try hard to encourage and play basketball with them whenever I find leisure time.
When I was a kid we had two lovely ducks named: Bilgecan and Gokusagi which means nerd boy and rainbow. I am also really good with my cousin's cat Gilbert.
About my future goals: I would like to tell you that since I've known myself I am dreaming about being an engineer. Because of gender inequality in STEM fields, both in my country and the world, I feel the pressure of difficulty to compete in men dominated profession. Wishing to be an engineer I decided to study for an IELTS certificate. One of the obstacles I faced through this period was people who discouraged me by saying I could not accomplish my target. No one except my family believed me that I can do it. By working hard, studying days and nights I got an adequate score and finally achieved my goal. Despite the hassle, my enthusiasm and passion leads me to believe that I am going to be a savvy engineer in the future.
During my exchange I would like to gain some communication skills, some fluency in English. I also know that people who participate in this program get positive effects, not only in academic work but also in extracurricular activities. With the help of this program I'd like to discover my own skills. Moreover, one of my reasons is to experience high school life in US. I would also love to try macaroni and cheese and apple pie.
So, my dear family I shared a little of mine and I'm curios to share more things with you and learn about you. I am looking forward to hear that I can get a chance to live with you and get to know you. I want to thank you for becoming my host family and I wish the year ahead of us will be the most memorable and joyful year we have ever lived.
Sincerely, Nurgul

techno-ag
AG
Best wishes for her. I hope she can find a good Texas family who provides her positive experiences for her year abroad.
FlyRod
Tailgate88
AG
Best of luck to her, she sounds like a great young woman.

Also, please do not post this on the general board.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.