Help us spread the word...LACROSSE is coming to B/CS!

6,456 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jmazz
jmazz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.bcslax.com
Pyewacket
AG
The flier at the top says 3rd grade which is roughly 8-9 year olds. Down toward the bottom it says under 7(U7) .

Can younger players participate?
techno-ag
AG
Great news.
jmazz
AG
Younger players can certainly participate in the clinics/practices to learn the game/skills. Turnout and # of players willing to commit to a team will determine how many teams and in what age groups we're able to field a team in. Thanks!
KidDoc
AG
Who is leading this?

Great idea just going to be a ton of travel to find other teams to play against in the big cities.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jac4
AG
Being able to practice locally would be huge. I think Magnolia is currently the closest program to BCS. Practice 2-3 times in town per week and going out of town for tournaments and games is preferable to several trips to Magnolia each week.

Kids in town that play high level volleyball, soccer, basketball, and baseball travel a ton.
jmazz
AG
Current A&M club team coach(es) and a few past players (like myself) and a parent or two of kids who have to go to Magnolia (like mentioned above) for lacrosse. Lots of youth teams within an hour or two. We will see how this fall goes and learn and adapt as needed.
KidDoc
AG
I'm a former player/president with the Aggies back in 1994 let me know if I can help. Can PM or email nealspears at Yahoo.com.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jmazz
AG
Bump...starts today!
Midtown SAHD
My son (11 y.o.) is very interested, but neither of us have ever played. Are absolute beginners ok or are you looking for kids with a little experience? We like watching it and thought it would be fun.
aggiecody06
Jmazz can you send me an email at cody_b_jones@hotmail.com or call me at 979-739-4239 id be very interested in getting a few details of the funding and traveling aspects of the program. I had no idea there was this much interest in lacrosse in this area. Tia
KidDoc
AG
quote:
My son (11 y.o.) is very interested, but neither of us have ever played. Are absolute beginners ok or are you looking for kids with a little experience? We like watching it and thought it would be fun.
All of the kids today were 100% beginners. This is a very nice and cheap way to get started as you cannot even get a stick for $50!
Pyewacket
AG
if we missed last week can we still join?
KidDoc
AG
quote:
if we missed last week can we still join?
I believe so but Jmazz will have to verify. The next session is 3:30 PM Sunday.
jmazz
AG
You bet! Kids are welcome to come out at any time!!
jmazz
AG
Successful first day!
99StationAG
AG
Best of luck with growing Lacrosse in BCS jmazz! Never played, but have always enjoyed watching it, and admire the big NCAA and tournament/festival type environment they create up in Baltimore every year.

WB '99
RepublicBrand
AG
Is this the same group that we had going last fall but then disappeared?
jmazz
AG
Yes. I hope it wasn't assumed we disappeared though. Didn't have enough kids/interest to take the next step in fielding a team(s), joining a league, etc. This time around we have the fall/winter planned out and assuming we have enough players we'll (players) be joining US Lacrosse, finding a tournament or two to play in and working towards fielding a team(s) for the spring season.
Midtown SAHD
If our child decides lacrossse is something to continue, how much will it cost to buy equipment and participate in league play?

BTW, good first practice. My son enjoyed it and we have been throwing ( sort of) the ball around. Kind of literally as I have never played before, so we are learning the game mechanics at the same time.
RepublicBrand
AG
Great! We still have our lacrosse sticks!
jmazz
AG
US Lacrosse youth membership is $30. We're working on a youth equipment package and we hope to have it in the $150 range (helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves...helmet being the most expensive out of the bunch). League play/fee TBD. Ironing some of it out as we go.
jmazz
AG
Lacrosse clinic this afternoon at 3:30...Central Park. Any and all are welcome!

Scratch that...no clinic today due to the holiday weekend. We'll add another at the end of this session.

Next one will be Wednesday.

Gig 'em!
jmazz
AG
Lacrosse clinic today, 6:30pm at Central Park!

jmazz
AG

Howdy!

We had a great September with a solid turnout at our Summer Clinics.

To boost our numbers and reach full "team" size for an age group we are offering another learn to play clinic.

** Fall Clinics start Sunday, Sept 25 @ 3:30pm in Bachmann Park on Rock Prairie Rd. **

Registration and info for the Fall Clinics is now online!

$20 Team fee + $30 US Lacrosse membership
jmazz
AG
Howdy!

Just a reminder that the Fall Clinic starts this Sunday @ 3:30pm.

Due to scheduling by the CS Parks Department, we will be practicing at Central Park this Sunday.

Apologies for the short notice.

REGISTER HERE!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

-BCS Lax Coaching Staff
selk
AG
Jmazz,

I own Athletes Prime a local sports performance training business in town. I ran the Velocity Sports Performance in Houston for a couple years and we did a lot of team training with the Houston area lacrosse teams. If you are ever interested please let me know, we have good rates for team training
jmazz
AG
Thanks selk (sorry, just saw that post).

--

We are excited to announce the start of full-equipment practices for youth boys and girls, beginning this Sunday, November 20th! If you missed the last session, we invite you to come give us another try.

Practices will now be tailored to learning full-field lacrosse--featuring 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 drills, position specific training and scrimmages. Our goal is to prepare teams to compete in the Aggieland Classic Tournament this February.

Equipment purchase information for your son or daughter is available on our website. In an effort to reduce the cost for boys:
  • We are selling 10 Boys Youth Helmets for $55 each (with option to sell back to us for $30 before Feb 11). Purchase at practice.
  • 50%-of-cost sell back offer on pads and helmets purchased at Lax World or other stores between now and Feb 11.
  • Equipment Questions? info@bcslax.com

Here's the upcoming schedule:
  • Fall Session - Nov 20 to Dec 18 - (Register online now!)
  • Spring Session I - Jan 16 to Feb 11-12 (Tournament weekend in College Station!)

Thanks and we hope to see you this Sunday!

-The BCS Lax Coaching Staff
www.bcslax.com
Oogway
Is it a coincidence that the lacrosse "Aggieland Classic" tournament is the same weekend as the Texans Soccer Club "Aggieland Classic" soccer tournament? Not trolling, just curious. If it is, you all (both sports organizers) may wish to consider letting your attendees know, as it could get really confusing.
jmazz
AG
Coincidence...had no idea. Thanks, we'll look into it.
jmazz
AG
Happy New Year!

We are excited to announce the start of the Winter Session, beginning this Sunday January 15th at 3pm on Veteran's Park Turf!

Any interested players, please visit our website and come check us out this Sunday.

Registration available online.

TEAM DETAILS:
Boys Team: Full equipment is required and cost for the boys team this session will be $75. This includes practices, game jersey, and a minimum of 4 games in the Boys Aggieland Tournament on Feb 11/12.
Girls Team: Cost for the girls team this session will be $25. Unfortunately, we currently do not have enough players to enroll in the Girls Aggieland Tournament on Feb 4/5. We are hopeful--IF we get to 10 players we can enter the tournament. Please spread the word!

This session marks an important milestone for the club--with 10 boys players we can enter a team in the Aggieland Tournament. Thank you to all our boys and girls players for their hard work!
After the Winter Session, the club will break during the Texas A&M Men's Club season through April. Late Spring and Summer sessions for BCS Lacrosse will follow.

See you all Sunday!

-The BCS Lax Coaching Staff
www.bcslax.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.