so.. Hooters... Yes or no...?

4,624 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
me... i say nay... but thats me...

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Hooters-making-moves-to-locate-in-Bryan-390647732.html

gutmancometh
Yes
malibu9in1
I'm not a fan. But I say sure.
Post removed:
by user
Scruffy
AG
I'd rather a twin peaks or tilted kilt. Food is better.

For those opposed because of how they dress, have you been outside in the last 15 years? I see more bottom butt cheek in church (hyperbole I'll admit, but short shorts are everywhere and then there's yoga pants) than at hooters.

If you don't like a place, don't go there.
Just don't try to force others to not have that option.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Why care?
Broncos
I'm all for more businesses coming to the area. Hooters coming will mean other companies will look in to bringing business here. Plus, we need more sports bars in the area.
Oogway
Oh, it's not coming now. You saw who started the thread, didn't you?

Course, if it comes to pass, studio may have found a solution to his Hog problem, hehe.
Broncos
quote:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Hooters-making-moves-to-locate-in-Bryan-390647732.html

Why is it that you say no?
Frio Cielo
quote:

As a pragmatic Libertarian, I say we can all have our opinion one anything, but it's not my nor anyone' else's decision to decide what goes where.
Ornlu
AG
Bring it on.
ksp
Meh food is OK, bring it but probably won't visit.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Food is not that great so I dont care.

But for anyone trying to block them from coming due to the clothes worn inside by waitresses then you probably need to visit an actual location and compare it with clothes you see girls wearing on an average day at the mall. Id guess 90% of people opposed have never even been in a Hooters.
Bob2525
Would rather a Twin Peaks. Can't beat chicken fried steak with jalapeno gravy!

Might try it out a couple times at lunch...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Their food really isn't that great, so I would not go there often (if at all).

Other than that.....who gives a sh*t? I'm sure the college kids would love it and it'd be a place that would siphon off some of the crowds on game days.

I still won't believe it will ever open here until the "Now Hiring" sign goes up, so whatever.
beer.morebeer.mostbeer
Hell yeah!
Schrute Farms
It looks like it will open in the Bryan Towne Center. I'm all for it. That's one more business to draw people into town from surrounding areas.

As for visiting, I'll probably never set foot in there. Too many places with better food options.
dv0478
finally a place to go watch a game not called wings n more or bw3.
FlyRod
Will never set foot in it (gross food and meh beverages, as has been noted. The other aspect...my female friends are plenty attractive, no need for ogling in this establishment).

Happy its coming here as it will upset certain kinds of people.
medic1969p
quote:
quote:

As a pragmatic Libertarian, I say we can all have our opinion one anything, but it's not my nor anyone' else's decision to decide what goes where.

Agree. Not sure why people like to stir that pot
AggieJason
AG
quote:
I still won't believe it will ever open here until the "Now Hiring" sign goes up, so whatever.
+1
motherrunnersBCS
Strange location. I do not see how it would do well there - no foot traffic, not near traffic pattern for people coming to a game, not directly on highway. It needs to be on Hwy. 6, south College Station, or on restaurant row on University Drive. Some place touristy or with students - next to Target in Bryan does not fit that description. Do Hooters and Cracker Barrel have the same clientele?
dv0478
have you been to bryan? ever? you can get to target from 6. theres a road and everything.
K2T2
quote:
have you been to bryan? ever? you can get to target from 6. theres a road and everything.
AND a roundabout.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Strange location. I do not see how it would do well there - no foot traffic, not near traffic pattern for people coming to a game, not directly on highway. It needs to be on Hwy. 6, south College Station, or on restaurant row on University Drive. Some place touristy or with students - next to Target in Bryan does not fit that description. Do Hooters and Cracker Barrel have the same clientele?
It will almost certainly be like Cracker Barrel. All the food snobs will turn their nose up at it and say disparaging things, yet it will be packed every day.
Oogway
What exactly is a 'food snob,' anyway? ( not picking on you techno-ag, serious question) I mean, if someone savors a particular type of food or commercial establishment then that only defines a part of who they are at that particular moment in time, right?

Beyond nutrition and basic survival, food is personal and meaningful to us. The evocative smell that carries you back to a time and place. The taste of home or a moment you shared with friends. The dish that inspired you to branch out and explore new cuisines. The comfort food. The taste of summer. A hot meal after a cold day on the lease.

Then again, sometimes a breakfast taco is just a breakfast taco.

Where were we? Oh yeah, Hooter's in Bryan. Isn't that kinda far away? ( I kid I kid)
chigger
AG
Food is terrible so I would never go, but I have no objection to having one in town.
Aggie
AG
In this day and age are there really people still opposed to restaurants like hooters and twin peaks?

My wife and kids go .. Every time I go you see see people of all ages as well as families in there.

techno-ag
AG
quote:
What exactly is a 'food snob,' anyway? ( not picking on you techno-ag, serious question) I mean, if someone savors a particular type of food or commercial establishment then that only defines a part of who they are at that particular moment in time, right?
Food snobs on here seem to look down at commercially successful places and favor small, maybe not as successful but certainly very high priced local and non-chain fare.

I always think of a food snob as someone who loves to denigrate a successful establishment by proclaiming it "nasty" and swearing they'd never visit such a place even if their grandmother were held by terrorists intent on killing her if the smug snob didn't take a bite off the menu.

Meanwhile, the successful places prove the critics rarely get it right. Just like a successful movie that racks up the box office crowd pleasing revenue, yet is ripped by the critics will face a low budget flop the critics love. In other words, there's a huge disconnect between what the snobs think is good versus what everybody else thinks is good and are willing to buy into.

It also makes the snobs feel special about themselves to be contrary to popular opinion.
Oogway
Makes sense I guess. I certainly judge a commercial establishment by its cleanliness but the rest of it I figure people like what they like and that's what they like. I treat music the same way: I like a lot of different types but not all songs within a type. I do eat at chain restaurants but there are a lot of tasty local options too.
Post removed:
by user
FlyRod
Oogway, the description of a "food snob" you received in answer to your question bears a grain of truth. However many folks, including some posters here, confuse "food snob" with people with high standards, people who like to eat healthy, aren't frightened of ethnic foods, and oddly, people who simply prefer some things to other things.

All of which is to say that the term has no real meaning, and ironically is used by some posters to make themselves feel better with respect to others.

So pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, and enjoy what you enjoy!
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
quote:
It will almost certainly be like Cracker Barrel. All the food snobs will turn their nose up at it and say disparaging things, yet it will be packed every day.
Winner-winner, chicken (wing) dinner.
FNG
quote:
This just in: Greg D. First to Review on Yelp. 4.5 stars.

Does Hooters make more than 51% of their money from alcohol sales?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.