Helicopter

4,012 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by thefarcus
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Until about a month ago it was fairly uncommon to see a helicopter flying around, since then it seems to have become much more common. Did some rich guy get tired of traffic? A hospital get a new toy? Someone offering sight seeing flights?
beer.morebeer.mostbeer
Sumlin
michellecan
I live close to St. Joseph Hospital. I can hear the helicopter every time it takes off and lands. And it's a lot! It's sad really. You know the only time they use that thing is when there's something really bad happening.
redd38
AG
Have you noticed it taking off more frequently lately? I was afraid it might be due to more severe accidents, but it doesn't really seem like it's in a big hurry (although that's hard to tell from my vantage point). I was hoping it was something else.
jac4
AG
Always more helicopters around this time of year after the Catalina Wine Mixer.
toolshed
AG
I noticed a darker gray colored helicopter on the old helipad on 29th street the other day. Life flight uses a new one attached to the new ER. Not sure what this new dark colored one is, but it didn't look to be built for patient transport. I've seen it flying from a distance a couple times as well.
michellecan
Since the built the new helipad, I can hear it more than before. I have pretty crazy hours, so I'm up way before the chickens. I can hear them coming in and out. Sad.
Lechuza05
AG
29th St. Helipad is used to transport cancer patients. Emergency helipad is on the roof.
malibu9in1
quote:
Always more helicopters around this time of year after the Catalina Wine Mixer.

The finnnnniinn Catalina wine mixer !!!!!

mofish99
That gray helicopter would be my dad '71 fighting cancer. No wine festivals or fun rides, just five days a week and a long ride to get to Bryan. Next time you guys see it give him a honk or a Gig Em. MDR'99
malibu9in1
quote:
That gray helicopter would be my dad '71 fighting cancer. No wine festivals or fun rides, just five days a week and a long ride to get to Bryan. Next time you guys see it give him a honk or a Gig Em. MDR'99

Way to use ur first post.

I wanna ride...
AggieLaw2010
AG
Maybe because this certain helicopter passenger likes to buzz Kyle Field on his way to treatment?
AggieLaw2010
AG
[That is not the way to post on this forum. -Staff]
BlueMiles
AG
Prayers for your dad.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Prayers for your dad. Saw that copter one day this week.
toolshed
AG
quote:

I'm curious if this is his personal helicopter or a service that provides to cancer patients and their treatments.

I've been treated at MDACC four years ago for surgery/ radiation, did chemo here prior. I've done monitoring scans since then, going in for a biopsy later this week.

A friend of mine is starting his cancer journey, fixing to start chemo then surgery followed by 6-7 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week. It is taxing physically, mentally, spiritually, financially to say the least. But the teams and services there are well worth the travel, especially when I see patients from all over the country and around the world who've traveled there, I realized I am blessed to be so close to such a premier research and treatment institution.

I pray your dad is doing well with his treatments.
Lechuza05
AG
It is privately owned, not a service provided. It is one aircraft owned by the passenger who operates an aviation company. I would call it a perk of the trade. Makes the commute after radiation treatments more bearable in the Texas summer heat. I hope that answers your question.
thefarcus
There's also a bird stationed at Coulter field that is dark blue. Owned by www.helibacon.com doing hog hunts
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.