Fall move-in question

3,210 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have to be in College Station to take an exam on the 22nd at 9am at the testing center. I didn't realize that's the time when everyone starts moving in when I scheduled it.

College Station has changed a lot since I was in school, and I was wondering how crowded things will be around then. I was thinking about driving an ~1 hour to get in that morning, but I'm thinking I should get a hotel room and spend the night on the 21st instead. Reduce the risk of getting stuck in traffic or anything like that. Since I think most of y'all still live there, and go through this time of year every year, what do y'all think? I guess hotels will be more expensive, but it would be a heck of a lot more expensive to miss my exam.

Thanks
Clo004
Well where are you coming from and what time do you have to be in town?
Ornlu
AG
Move in week is pretty spread out. It doesn't overwhelm the roads so much as it clogs the parking lots, sidewalks, and restaurants. Just give yourself 20 extra minutes and have a plan for parking.
bigtruckguy3500
Coming from Temple, would need to get to the testing center by ~8:45.
HtownAg19
AG
Honestly Monday shouldn't be too terrible. Most of the freshmen move in Sunday when the dorms open and most upperclassmen I know are moving back in on Saturday or earlier
AgFan1999
AG
testing at the GSC? Should be OK.
TXCityGirl
It is the first day of public schools in TX. But student traffic won't be as heavy as it will be the following weekend.
toolshed
AG
You'll be fine regarding traffic. As stated maybe give yourself an additional 20 minutes or so.
Clo004
Yeah give yourself an extra 20-30 and you will be good
Oogway
They do change the parking rules on campus for move-in but if you are not arriving until Monday, a lot of that will be back to normal. If you want to be certain, check transportation services to see if you are affected.

Oh and avoid the Target and HEB if at all possible.
medic1969p
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8241786?checkin=11%2F08%2F2016&checkout=11%2F09%2F2016&s=iOsoycyQ

You can rent by the night. You have access to one room and the rest of the house. More affordable than most hotels and you get more for your buck
medic1969p
bobinator
AG
Coming from Temple if you take 2818 all the way around to F&B to the GSC you won't even get near main campus or any apartment complexes really so it shouldn't make much difference except for maybe a few school zones.
bigtruckguy3500
techno-ag
FlyRod
bobinator
AG
DID HE MAKE IT?!
Oogway
^^Way to go--his phone probably went off with a notification and now his test is invalid.
bigtruckguy3500
Made it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.