College Station Mechanic

2,081 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by halibut sinclair
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi All,

I have a tailgating bus that I need some basic repairs and maintenance done on. It is a 70 passenger bus with a small block Chevy engine. I need someone to go out to where it is stored, less than a mile out of Bryan, and do the following:

• Change the ignition coil and wires
  • Change the oil, filter
  • Change the air filter
  • Change the spark plugs and wires
  • Potentially change the battery and alternator (It was having some trouble starting earlier in the summer)

Does anyone have an recommendations or think they can do they work? I will reimburse for expenses and pay an hourly rate. I usually do the work myself, but I am afraid I won't make it to town this year before the season starts.
hihozippo
AG
I use Christopher's Auto Repair. He's mobile & does a great job. He's kept my old truck on the road. (979) 571-9597
Rexter
Email me your number and I will pass it to the mechanic that did my a/c last weekend. He's very reasonable and is mobile. I think he's got right at 30 yrs experience.

Rexter1200 at yahoo
DBSwooper
I have a friend who is a bus mechanic for an ISD. He mentioned he could help you out, email me dave@talesofadventures.net and I'll get you two in touch to help make it happen.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Thanks All . I am going to start with DB and work my way backwards if that doesn't work out.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Update: spoke with dbs guy, so far I am good to go. I may need someone with muffler experience though.

Also, we had a little water get in the cab so we have a bunch of mold and a rat ate the corn hole bags so there is a big mess in the cab. Any idea who I could pay to clean it? I spent about 3 hours on it and through in the towel. Two more people could easily finish it up in 2 hours.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
I may need someone with muffler experience though

That request may be difficult. I heard that business is exhausting.

techno-ag
AG
Not true. That's a lie by emission.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.