Recommendations for Dermatologists That Are Taking New Patients?

1,329 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FlyRod
LunitadelNox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would prefer someone who is more into the mole side, and less in the cosmetic side.

I don't need Botox quite yet.

Oogway
I cannot speak as to new patient vacancies, but Dr. Rachel Moore (Scott and White) is good. My neighbor sees Dr. Weaver and seems pretty pleased with that practice. A friend of mine goes to Dr. Childs. The hardest part sometimes is scheduling an appointment. They are pretty busy!
AnyJaneDoe
Dr. Moore works part-time and I've heard it's extremely difficult to get in. I went to Dr. Weaver once and I wasn't thrilled. First of all - the visit was a bit odd. They must have been training some assistants, which is absolutely fine, but it was never mentioned why there were three assistants + Dr. Weaver + me in a very small room. I had gone in for him to check moles and remove a few skin tags and he asked me what I wanted him to look at and then what I wanted removed and then that was it, he left. I was sort of stunned stupid when he left the room that I didn't even ask for him to come back in. (I know I should have!) When I have seen better dermatologists, they have checked full-body, not just a few moles that I pick out. And the best ones measure and/or photograph anything that looks a little funny, so they can at least compare the next time you come in. I am underwhelmed with a lot of the health care in this town!
MisterShipWreck
The problem with Dr Moore is that I waited 6 months for a first time appointment. And, they make you get your referral first, before they will schedule your appointment. So, that was 6 months off my 12 month referral, just waiting....

I used to see Dr Jones, but he doesn't take United insurance.
FlyRod
My experience with Weaver was first rate all the way. I was told the wait, as a new patient, would be over a month. I got on the cancellation list, and was seen in less than a week. Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.