Twin City Mission resale shop on Wellborn closed?

2,522 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Clo004
FNG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is the Twin City Mission resale shop on Wellborn closed for good? Their site doesn't have it listed as a location and they do have that Second Chance II store on Old College that looks like it might have been dressed up a little.

New driveway ramps and sidewalks were put in at the location on Wellborn so I thought this would improve the location, but the sign is gone and nobody was there when I drove by yesterday, and I was hoping to donate some things there today.

We have donated quite a bit there over the last couple of years since transitioning from donating at Goodwill. And I even shopped in there once just to see what they had. Found a DVD of "The True Story of Texas A&M" for a buck! Great video if you haven't had a chance to see it.
Tailgate88
AG
Yes there was a post on here recently that they had to move as that land is being developed. They plan to re-open elsewhere but I don't think they have announced where yet.
Post removed:
by user
CS78
I think it had outlived its location. That area has vastly improved in recent years. Now, lets hope they put in some useful retail and not more multi family housing.
eloc62
re-opening soon just a little bit south of former location.
originaltexan
[That has nothing to do with this thread. -Staff]
Oogway
quote:

I hope so! I had accumulated enough odds and ends to take in but was waiting til school was underway...
Tailgate88
AG
quote:

In an existing structure? Where?
TXCityGirl
You can still donate at their other shops in Bryan and one in Brenham:

http://www.twincitymission.org/#!blank-2/g3x61

PS3D
That space (the immediate undeveloped land around it, including the former spot of Fish Richard's, for you old-timers/historians out there) seems a little small for a new student apartment complex (or even a separate street). Are they redeveloping the Southgate Village Apartments as student housing, too?
Clo004
What I remember reading said the new building will be multistory which then they would have enough room. I don't expect it to be a huge development.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.