In need of good vet for doggie dental cleaning

1,773 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by specialkv
specialkv
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dog is 9 years old and recently lost 2 bottom teeth. I'm thinking I need to take her in for a good cleaning to prevent future loss. She will most likely have to go under. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good reasonably priced vet in town?
MiMi
S
Dr. Bert Dodd at Texas A&M Vet School. He is a veterinary dentist and is fantastic.
armymom
Do you know how much the procedure is by Dr. Dodd? My vet quoted about $300 for my dog.
Max06
AG
Lovan Care is who I use, Dr. Baumgartner and her staff are fantastic.
Rapier108
Another for Dr. Dodd. I have a cat who requires special care due to an underlying medical condition and Dr. Dodd was recommend by my regular vet. He's seen him twice including having to remove a couple of bad teeth the first time. It's not cheap since it is at the vet school, but it's worth it if there are any factors which would make it a riskier procedure.
specialkv
quote:
Do you know how much the procedure is by Dr. Dodd? My vet quoted about $300 for my dog.
Who is your vet?
armymom
Lovan Care
msaggie98
AG
Dr Dodd will probably be more expensive than others, mainly because he's board certified in dentistry (I believe.). Just going based on previous experience with referrals our doctors made to him.
Even for a routine canine dental cleaning, a dog will need anesthesia. I no longer work in the veterinary field so we used Dr Baggs at West Villa Maria Veterinary Hospital. Our oldest puppy (13 years) needed 2 extractions and he did great under their care. I think our invoice was around $300.
AgSportsFan
AG
Dr. Bond are Southwood Valley. One of the best and affordable in the area.
JessicaShefty
Shenandoah Vet is great. Dental cleanings are $125, recommend pre-anesthetic blood work is $80.
specialkv
thanks guys, great recommendations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.