Air conditioning question

815 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by lockett93
bugle rank '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Without naming any names I would like opinions on who I need to be dealing with to fix an ac problem.
House is 18 months old. 2 Lennox air handlers were installed. One unit has had ongoing problems.
6 months after we moved in the controller had to be replaced. 7 months after moving in the control panel had to be replaced. Now, 18 months after moving in there is a massive freon leak (estimating a minimum of $600 to refill when they are finally able to do that) and needs a new coil. We are paying for the labor at all repair calls and the freon, the coil is the only thing under warranty according to the installer. Currently unit has been off for 3 days.

Do I need to be dealing with Lennox? The local AC company? the builder? I am "dealing" with all 3 but am not getting any answers at this point. I have contacted Lennox but have not yet heard back and the local ac company is more then happy to keep charging us. Is there a possibility something was installed wrong? Should we spend more money and get a second opinion? 18 months seems awful new to be having this many problems.
ontheedge
What does the HVAC company tell you the warranty is? IMO if your equipment is having this much trouble this early in it's life the builder should be involved. When the TRCC was in place builders were required to warrant HVAC for two years besides the manufacturers warranty. Good luck.

Lennox warranty
lockett93
AG
Cost to refill a new HVAC should not be anywhere near $600 in my opinion.... R410A is around $4/pound... True Freon R22 is very high, but no way an 18 month old system would use R22
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.