Anyone know whats going on at Longmire and Rock Prairie?

2,820 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 76Ag
TexAg2016
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexAg2016
AG
They are taking away the nice metal stoplight mounts and putting in wider pole-and-wire hanging lights. This seems to be backwards progress if it is aesthetic... Are they fixing to widen the road? Hopefully make it concrete?
Ornlu
AG
Yes, they're widening it. They're installing a temporary traffic signal at the moment, but a new metal-post signal will follow.

I'm not sure about the pavement material.
AFM
In preparation of widening RP road to 3 lanes all the way to the overpass on HW 6. It's temporary (I suppose).
armymom
Rock Prairie
InMyOpinion
Budget cutbacks.

They need the nice metal stoplight mounts for new south college station intersections.

RP is old south college station
mwm
It all depends on how you define "temporary". I've heard reports that the one-block stretch will take 1.5 years to re-do. When they begin the "real" construction and school re-convenes, that intersection is going to be a nightmare.
TexAg2016
AG
Thanks for the info. That's really going to be a pain. Will make the intersection much better however!
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Budget cutbacks.

They need the nice metal stoplight mounts for new south college station intersections.

BQ_90
AG
Why does it seem they start these major project right before school starts, seems like nothing is done during the summer.
AC Hopper
S
^
No joke!
Ornlu
AG
quote:
Why does it seem they start these major project right before school starts, seems like nothing is done during the summer.
There's actually a really good explanation for that. These projects always target a May 1 start date, but some little paperwork hiccup causes 2 weeks delay. Then it takes an extra 2 weeks to get the contract awarded, plus 2 more weeks to get insurance certificates finalized. Then the contractor gets 75% of their workload trying to start on June 15, but everything can't start at once, so he puts it off until the end of the 30-day mobilization period. So it starts July 14....
PS3D
quote:
Budget cutbacks.

I know it's only temporary, but I kinda like the wire-strung stoplights, reminds me of the commercial stretch of Westheimer west of Loop 610 or the older parts of Bryan.
76Ag
AG
Well don't mess with Walt Longmire. Just ask Barlow....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.