Seriously Suddenlink?

2,518 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MightyDuck
SumAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$192.48 per month? Seriously?? I wish someone would organize a boycott of all cable and sattelite cable and millions of us tell them to shut it off all on the same day. It is ridiculous that we have to pay this much to watch hundreds of channels of crap....
ontheedge
The really bad thing I bet there are maybe 15 channels I watch regularly out of my "250" on Dish network. It's a real racket that we allow ourselves to be trapped in. If not for football season I would do away with it. Expensive football games.
redd38
AG
If you don't want to pay that much then don't pay that much. I don't pay that much.
FlyRod
^This. People are ditching cable left and right, every day.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
unfortunately its the market and the market allows them to get away with it. i'm like the above poster and only watch at most 10 channels outside of football season and then maybe 15 or 16 during football season.
redball
I turned off cable a few months ago and in all seriousness I will say it improved my LIFE. While I thought I would miss live sports and TV in general, I'm spending more time out and about. If I want to watch TV, I have a Roku that provides everything I need. And on Sundays, there are always a few games on over the air.
montegobay
We cancelled cable over a year ago and watch all the tv we want to other ways including sports.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
SlingTV seems like a good option. I just wish they had a DVR option.
redd38
AG
quote:
SlingTV seems like a good option. I just wish they had a DVR option.

Look at PS Vue
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Isn't that a playstation only thing? We're pretty heavily invested already in the xbox one platform.
redd38
AG
quote:
Isn't that a playstation only thing? We're pretty heavily invested already in the xbox one platform.

No, you don't need a playstation. It works on fire tv and roku too.
montegobay
We use Sling and have been ok without dvr. Many of their channels have on demand.
NativeTxn
Are any other Suddenlink customers having problems with the sound breaking up on certain channels? I've been noticing it from time to time on WE TV and ABC. Other channels may be involved, but those are the only two I have made note of.
InMyOpinion
quote:
$192.48 per month? Seriously?? I wish someone would organize a boycott of all cable and sattelite cable and millions of us tell them to shut it off all on the same day. It is ridiculous that we have to pay this much to watch hundreds of channels of crap....

last I checked Suddenlink services were not required by law. You have a choice. they are in business to make a profit just like most other businesses.
Was suddenlink (or their predecessors) cable client for 15 straight years. New subscribers got better deals. I called for a better deal and best they could do was about $100/month. So, we disconnected and are happy with the Sling tv and over the air channels. Now, Suddenlink spends money at least twice a week sending me promotional ads for $39/month cable that I was paying $115 per month for. And i am not exaggerating about the number of solicitations that I get from Suddenlink each week. It is crazy. I won't go back. They should have given me the 'new client' rate and I would never have disconnected.
JR Ewing
AG
quote:
Look at PS Vue
THIS X 1,000,000! Look at it now, Kitten...it's available on Roku devices now. Haven't looked back...=)
JR Ewing
AG
quote:
They should have given me the 'new client' rate and I would never have disconnected.
They know that 90% of people won't cancel and be inconvenienced for 1 month. So they don't care about the ones who do...
(Removed:11023A)
AG
I ain't got no cable no more
AggieJason
AG
quote:
If you don't want to pay that much then don't pay that much. I don't pay that much.
How dare you bring logic into this!
MightyDuck
I hope this outrage shows up at city hall when it is time to renew their exclusive contract.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.