Ac blower capacitor went out. Where can I buy one today?

1,874 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AG @ HEART
Century Tree Designs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags. The AC went out last night. The compressor and coils are less than 6 months old and sounded like it was running. Just no cold air was being pushed out (felt like there was a little bit of cold air but it wasn't actively being pushed either way) opened up the blower motor and the top of the capacitor was bulging out so I'm pretty sure this is the culprit. Any stores open today that will sell me one? We're dying here lol. Thanks
jskin261
I have a 5 MFD. Do you know the size you need? All of the supply houses are closed today.
BCStalk
Its costly but I'd rather pay after hours service fees then be without air.
Mathguy64
AG
If you just replaced the condenser and coil 6 months ago it should be under some form of warranty, no? If it were me I would be calling the company that installed it. Odds are they have one on their truck and can come out and swap it out.
Century Tree Designs
Hey jskin. Thanks for the reply. It's a 15. The coil and condenser are under warranty but the blower is 10+ years old. Driving to Houston to grab a condenser. Will call after hours if this doesn't fix it

Thanks everyone
AG @ HEART
Might be better served calling a service company, you'll pay $65+ to have someone open a supply house just for a 25-40 part. Do you have a 5yr parts warranty or a 10yr parts & labor warranty. If you have the ten year P&L just pay the diag. And let them get reimbursed by the manufacturer. Are you sure it's the run cap? Have you checked everything else out?
Bob2525
Can try Johnson Supply.
2616 S College Ave, Bryan, TX 77801

If you know what you are looking for you should be able to find it. In my experience they prefer working with licensed contractors so not too helpful to self repair guys. Paying cash usually makes them a little more happy
AG @ HEART
quote:
Can try Johnson Supply.
2616 S College Ave, Bryan, TX 77801

If you know what you are looking for you should be able to find it. In my experience they prefer working with licensed contractors so not too helpful to self repair guys. Paying cash usually makes them a little more happy

Goodman will sell to homeowners.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.