New Pool construction

7,158 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cahrl
m3prsive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey all. Anyone have a recommendation for a new pool construction. Have called a few in town and have pretty much settled on one but want to make sure. Any help much appreciated.
beer.morebeer.mostbeer
Mobley
crbongos
AG
Sunshine. Matt and his guys are really good!
jja79
AG
Sell your house and buy another with pool. You'll get it for 25 cents on the dollar.
InMyOpinion
quote:
Mobley

Years ago he was highly recommended, now I don't think that's the case.
Sleepnumber
AG
quote:
quote:
Mobley

Years ago he was highly recommended, now I don't think that's the case.
Mobley=over-priced and indifference
Aggiefan#1
AG
Sean Hawthorne...the Pool Guy.

Really solid guy and has built some really pretty pools at several jobs we have done Audio Video for.

Brent C Harriman
SoundWave Audio Video
888-511-SWAV
cz308
What's the average price for a new install going for these days? Normal plain jane pool, nothing fancy.
CrazyAgE
quote:
What's the average price for a new install going for these days? Normal plain jane pool, nothing fancy.

Would like to know this as well
BigBubba
AG
I used Sunshine and was happy. So did a friend and a neighbor. I know others that have use the Pool Guy and also been very pleased. I have heard that Mobley is over priced but that he does good work. If his quote is free, now harm in calling him. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
Slawster
40k right now base starting. Maybe if you specifically asked for barebones you could get lower. Maybe
gb2074
AG
Give me your email address and I will give you some very detailed information on who you should not use. I don't want to put it on a public forum because I continue to have problems and I want those problems resolved.
Tailgate88
AG
+1 Pool Guy
enchanted
We are looking for new pool maintenance. Any suggestions?
AquaPro
AG
I would like to provide a quote for your pool maintenance if you have not found someone yet.
LocalAg96
AG
I have had experience with two of them also - one very good, one very bad. I would be happy to elaborate via email if interested.
aggiepaintrain
AG
aggiepaintrain@gmail.com
looking for recommendations
meezermom
We're also looking for recommendations for builders, but not maintenance. $40,000 seems a little steep, but I guess I could be living back in the '90s in my head with prices!

alikat4413@yahoo.com

TIA!
aggiesed8r
AG
Most use all the same construction crews out of Houston. Your just paying the salesman. Pick what you like and go with the cheapest.
Post removed:
by user
aggiepaintrain
AG
What about Pools by Brannon ??
m3prsive
Thanks for all the input everyone. I actually went with Pools by Brannon. Talked with a few people that used them and seems like a good decision. I've used Sunshine before and they did a excellent job as well.
webmom
Just curious...what size of pool costs about $40k?
m3prsive
Ours will be around 15x32 with a sun shelf very close to that price.
ndg0269
AG
I called several pool builders to get a quote for a pool remodel and this was my experience:
  • Pool guy - Quick to respond and visit my house to survey the work. Received quote in 3/4 days. Expensive.
  • Sunshine Fun Pools - Very quick to respond and visit my house to survey the work. Promised a quote in 3 days. Did not receive quote. I called twice to check on status and left 2 messages with the lady that answered the phone. Still waiting for callback 4 weeks later! Would have liked to compare their offer.
  • Pools by Brannon - Quick to respond and visit my house to survey the work. Promised a quote in 2/3 days. Received quote in 5 days. Affordable. Hope to start work this week.
  • Mobley - took 3 weeks to even return my call to schedule an appointment. I did not schedule it.
  • Brazos Lonestar Pools - Scheduled an appointment and never showed up!
dave99ag
AG
We are thinking of putting in a pool too, so I appreciate the thoughts on the installers.
CrazyAgE
quote:
I called several pool builders to get a quote for a pool remodel and this was my experience:
  • Pool guy - Quick to respond and visit my house to survey the work. Received quote in 3/4 days. Expensive.
  • Sunshine Fun Pools - Very quick to respond and visit my house to survey the work. Promised a quote in 3 days. Did not receive quote. I called twice to check on status and left 2 messages with the lady that answered the phone. Still waiting for callback 4 weeks later! Would have liked to compare their offer.
  • Pools by Brannon - Quick to respond and visit my house to survey the work. Promised a quote in 2/3 days. Received quote in 5 days. Affordable. Hope to start work this week.
  • Mobley - took 3 weeks to even return my call to schedule an appointment. I did not schedule it.
  • Brazos Lonestar Pools - Scheduled an appointment and never showed up!

ndg0269 - would you mind telling the dimensions you are getting, and maybe anything extra with it, and the price? We are possibly going to look at getting one around a year from now but wanted to see what we will be staring at
SoTheySay
S
Not mentioned by others but have heard good things: Paradise Oasis Pools.
ndg0269
AG
We're just remodeling/updating our existing pool. I do not know the cost of the pool when it was put in.
AggieHomes&Pools
Call Rich Cox 979-777-8262
AggieHomes&Pools
We would also be happy to also give you a quote for a new pool or renovating one. Paradise Oasis Pools 979-704-6102. We recommend Rich Cox for service at 979-777-8262.
Thanks!
Sleepnumber
AG
quote:
Call Rich Cox 979-777-8262
Agree...
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
We put in a pool in 2010. Got bids from Mobley and from another builder who's now out of business. Mobleys bid was higher by about 5k , but biggest mistake was taking the cheaper bid. There is nothing good I can put on this forum. Total nightmare. One example is that they neglected to put spacing in the concrete so over time the tile came off my hot tub. Cost to replace about 1800. But by that time the guy was out of business and I had no recourse. So my suggestion would be to get someone who is going to be around to help you as issues come up in the future, and they will. That being said, The Pool guy store is really good. They have knowledgeable people helping in the store. Their prices seem to be higher than you can get in Houston, but they are very helpful.
RepublicBrand
AG
We probably had the same builder and our pool cracked in 6 weeks. After a year of it sitting empty, we tore it out. It was also a nightmare. Regardless who you use, don't pour in the summer if you can avoid it and watch the gunite trucks out of Houston. I think most of the gunite all comes from that same place out of Houston. Make sure they are all there on time and not spaced out otherwise it dries in layers (bad news). We thoroughly enjoy our livestock water trough now. I empty it and store it in the winter. It hasn't cracked yet.
Jetty
AG
Mobley built our pool 15 months ago. He uses twice the rebar most companies use. Also extra gunite. He's been building pools in the Brazos valley for 40 years. He's more expensive. And in my opinion worth it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.