Land surveyor recommendations

2,465 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by l0u10itd4n
WorkingAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Needing property surveyed outside of North Zulch. Can anyone recommend someone to use?
SARATOGA
Not Garrett
Not Paul Williams
Not Kerr

Let me look at see if I can find the one I'd actually recommend...I met him last year and he was actually honest and willing to do a quality job...
CS78
I've used Kerr a number of times and been happy. Thayer aren't the cheapest but their communication is good and they stay on time. Worth paying for when you look at what's at stake in a real estate deal.
SARATOGA
Point is they look to cut corners. On a residential block and lot survey, not a huge deal. But on a larger parcel it is important to verify and mark each waypoint and have line of sight bearing verification of each waypoint along the way. Some points are difficult to get to, and they'll slack off if you don't watch them.

Kerr did a survey for my neighbors and didn't mark any of the difficult points to access. You don't just get to say "and 1500 feet that way thru the forest is the next point"

UmustBKidding
Joe Orr
They used to only work in college station but expanded a few years ago and believe they do work in and around the surrounding counties.
befitter
Henry Mayo
Ag210
AG
Curtis Strong
EBrazosAg
AG
Another vote for Curtis Strong. Used him several times and found him prompt, fairly priced and no issues with the survey.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SCHTICK00
AG
quote:
Point is they look to cut corners. On a residential block and lot survey, not a huge deal. But on a larger parcel it is important to verify and mark each waypoint and have line of sight bearing verification of each waypoint along the way. Some points are difficult to get to, and they'll slack off if you don't watch them.

Kerr did a survey for my neighbors and didn't mark any of the difficult points to access. You don't just get to say "and 1500 feet that way thru the forest is the next point"

You're not paying for them to cut you a line of sight. It used to be this way before gps, but only because line of sight was necessary to get the measurement. They're surveyors, not a land clearing company. Also, if the plat has a corner, Kerr would have flagged it up or set a new rod. I follow Kerr quite often and he does great work.
normaleagle05
AG
James Johnson is a fellow '06 classmate. He runs the survey department of Jones Carter in College Station and they do great work (full disclosure, I worked in that office for 2.5yrs).

Strong also does good work and is a stand up guy involved in his industry.
PLC guy
hardly anyone makes SARATOGA happy, except this one guy. but he can't remember his name.
l0u10itd4n
Henry Mayo at Joe Orr has access to drone lidar!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.