Lowes in Colleg Station

5,010 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Crusader
AFM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bought some appliances from Lowes in CS during the 4th of July sales. I ended up having one floor model delivered and I was not aware of that until the next day (full of dust in the drawer) . I went to store and check. Sure enough the floor model was no longer that (appliance slot's empty). Managers said it was a "mistake" made by the delivery team. He offered me another 10% to take the floor mode and I refused, Just wonder how often they make "mistakes" like this.

Stupe
S
One thing that always gets my goat is when someone acknowledges that they made a mistake and then tries to rectify that mistake.

That just ticks me off.
malibu9in1
So they tried to fix the issue. And u said no to the discount. So they are going to swap it for a new one?
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
One thing that always gets my goat is when someone acknowledges that they made a mistake and then tries to rectify that mistake.

That just ticks me off.
Post removed:
by user
redd38
AG
Lots of people on this thread like being lied to.
Broncos
It would have been different if the manager said "sorry". It sounds like the manager tried to fix the issue. I don't really see a problem here. Either ask for a new model or take the extra discount. Seems pretty simple.
OnlyANobody
Wow. I can really see OP's point of view. Typically, floor models are discounted up front, at the time of the sale. Upon realizing that the only remaining one was the floor model, the sales person should have addressed that at the time. (It actually should have come up in inventory that it was all they had)

That said, OP now knows his/her options. If the dishonesty sits too badly with him/her, then s/he should return it and go elsewhere. It's not the most insane grievance I've seen here.
slider676
AG
Was just there yesterday. I asked to speak to a manager to let them know how strong one of the employees was. Pretty rare to do that.
Cancelled
AG
I know you said you spoke to the manager, but did you speak to the manager? /Aggieland Board
AFM
I was upset enough to post here b/c after talking to a person who has worked there, I believe they did it on purpose since I used a 10% coupon on top of the discount they already have in the store. I get that they need to get rid of the floor models somehow but they should not dump it to customers just b/c they used the extra coupon and reduced their profit. Maybe I was just unlucky or look dumb to them. I will be more careful next time when a delivery is made.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Were there others of the same model in stock or was the floor model the last?
Country bumpkin_2
We have also had bad luck with this Lowes. Went in Memorial day to buy new fridg.The one we wanted all they had was floor model. It was on sale & they knocked another 10% off . They deliver & are setting it up asked my daughter for the water filter. Because it wasn't in a box you have to purchase a water filter. So had to drive round trip 60 miles to get filter.Tried to tell them when they got the fridg. in it had to be in a box so were is that filter no luck with that another almost $50.00. Get this all hooked up about a week later new refrig goes out.Call Lowes they can send someone to fix it or we can bring it in and get a new one. Explained I was unable to haul it up to store so they said they would pick it up for $25.00.

We go back to store that model is on back order and would be 3-4 weeks before they might get some in. The girl said we could pick another out and pay the difference if it was higher. We found one and the little giggle box helping us said they would not honor the sale price because it was over. I finally demanded to speak to store manager. After explaining what was going on he gave us the new fridg at the price we paid, no deliver fee and would bring the old one back. It is just a shame that you have to go through all this stuff to get customer service these days
GiveEmHellBill
AG
A few years ago my neighbor had the same thing happen from the same Lowe's: bought a new fridge and got a floor model delivered instead.

They told the delivery people, but they said they couldn't take it back. Neighbors called Lowe's. Lowe's apologized, gave them a discount and scheduled a delivery of a new model. A few days later, the fridge arrived. However, the delivery crew was not tasked with taking the old one back. Neighbors called Lowe's to get someone to come get the floor model. A few weeks passed and no word from Lowe's.

As it happens, my fridge was getting up there in age. So, I gave my neighbor half of what they paid, we both have new fridges at half the retail price and Lowe's apparently doesn't give a sh*t about it.
K2T2
Once, someone from the Bryan Lowes came to install a dishwasher we had bought. He showed up without the dishwasher.
OldArmy71
AG
That made me laugh!
Brewmaster
AG
LOL

I can totally see that happening - Lowe's delivery guys are all contract workers. Half the time the stores don't even know when and where they are.

We bought a new fridge a year ago from that store, had to check and reconfirm delivery multiple times...they didn't show or even call the first time.

I will give them credit though, the first fridge had a bad freezer door (condensation on outside, probably from poor insulation). They replaced it within the 30 days with a new unit.

and from a lot of research - LG or Samsung appliances...steer clear of whirlpool.
kyledr04
AG
Getting appliances from Lowes is always a gamble because their delivery system is so bad. They often lose orders or bring floor stock items especially around sales. Then they can't get what you want for weeks and you're stuck with the used item.
Post removed:
by user
Stupe
S

quote:
LOL

I can totally see that happening - Lowe's delivery guys are all contract workers. Half the time the stores don't even know when and where they are.

That's incorrect. The drivers at the College Station store are paid hourly and they have both full-time and part-time drivers.
SARATOGA
It was discounted.
You used a 10% coupon
You complained and the manager offered to take off an additional 10%

Seems like you got a pretty good deal if all you had to deal with was "dust"

MightyDuck
At this point it is negotiable in your favor. What price would you be happy with for a floor model? Tell him that price or he has to come get it and bring you a new one.
DeckMe80
Somebody waited on you in the appliance department at Lowes? Now THAT'S the real story here.
Ric Clark
Try not to deal with the Lowe's in Bryan, as they have to be at the bottom of the list...even the people who come out to install their products/items hate dealing with them.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
"Giggle Box"

I'm putting that phrase into my regular rotation.
Pyewacket
AG
Buddys!!

I don't say that to be glib, but some people might not know if you are new here or do not go into Bryan I too thought big box stores would be cheaper with discounts and coupons and sales. Their prices are competitive or match the big boxes. The sales people know their stuff, no hassle, great service. Plus, the money stays here in the community. I will never get an appliance from Lowes or Home Depot again.
techno-ag
AG
I've had good luck with Sears.
SumAggie
quote:
I've had good luck with Sears.
I did too until they gave up on quality....
FlyRod
Sears still exists?
TulaneAg
I'll second Buddy's for appliances. Had a great experience buying a new washer and dryer for our townhouse. If you want an appliance today, they are your only option.
Crusader
We went to the same Lowe's about a year to buy a new refrigerator. While the salesman was talking with us, someone else asked him a question. He walked off without saying a word to us and disappeared. We just stood there for a few minutes then left the store, drove to Home Depot on University, and bought a refrigerator there.

Lowe's in College Station really needs some help to say the least.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.