New "Legends Country" FM station on-air

9,399 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosWifi
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bryan Broadcasting has Legends/Willie's on 97.7FM. Primarily 80's-90's country, stuff from before Bro-country/Rockin' Country/Taylor Swift and Nashville fully hijacked the genre.

Currently playing a little too much Garth Brooks and Shania Twain (who both added nails to the "country music" coffin), but certainly more pleasing to these ears than whatever is played on mainstream FM.
Justin2010
AG
I found that station the other day and was loving it.

I get 97.1 and 100.5 in parts of town, but it's nice to have a consistent option that's based locally.
Pale Rider
AG
Average Joe
AG
Do they mix any current Texas red dirt country in with it?
GSS
quote:
I didn't listen to 97.1 on a regular basis (reception issues), but when I did their playlist rotation was lousy. Seemed like I heard Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue", and "One Piece At A Time" every time. And a Statler Bros tune (Bobbie Sue)....bazillion songs to choose from, why the repetition?

97.7 is locally programmed, and may be tweaked over time. Lots of potential!
TJJackson
I love it. I'm hearing some old country I never heard before.

Disclaimer: I was born in 85
fcag
AG
I love 97.1 out of Houston. Reception can be spotty around town in my truck and non existent on the radio at home.

I think it's awesome that we now have 97.7 here in town.
techno-ag
AG
Another win by Bryan Broadcasting.
bobinator
AG
My only issue with 97.7 is during lunch I feel like I must land on the Navasota livestock report every single time or whatever it is they ramble on about forever. It's great in the mornings and driving home though.
GSS
quote:
My only issue with 97.7 is during lunch I feel like I must land on the Navasota livestock report every single time or whatever it is they ramble on about forever. It's great in the mornings and driving home though.
Bryan Broadcasting is blending their Navasota AM station (1550) with the new 97.7FM, hoping the signal reach will maintain their Grimes county connection. Have not heard if the AM station will survive.
mrdowns
Thank you for the kind words.

We are going to fine tune the station from what you're hearing now. As you've noticed we haven't really advertised it or talked about it very much. The "plan" is that on August 1st, we will split the station into Willy 97.7 and Willy 1550. The 1550 version will continue with long-form Grimes County news. Willy 97.7 will mostly focus on BCS but will broadcast the Navasota Rattlers football games on Friday night.

For you high tech fancy car people, the BCS version is also available on 95.1-HD4

We're enjoying putting it all together; the music is really good, but there are still some train wrecks to be ironed out. With luck we'll be able to localize it the way we like to do with all our stations.

Our younger staff is enjoying their exposure to classic country. Favorite cheatin' and drinkin' lyric so far: "Diane, if you're gonna do him wrong again, you might as well do him wrong again with me." (Ed Bruce 1980)
kyledr04
AG
I listened while mowing the yard last night. Very pleased!
Goose83
AG
Yet another Clear Channel Station that's going to play the same ten songs 24/7.

No thank you.
Chazz03
AG
Can you keep the TSN news? I like that
AgsWin2011
AG
Wonder if this will take away from "Eggie 96" as the girl on the radio always calls it. Drives me insane.
halibut sinclair
quote:

No thank you.
Bryan Broadcasting is local, not Clear Channel. Clear Channel isn't even Clear Channel any longer. They are iHeart Media.
Brewmaster
AG

quote:

Our younger staff is enjoying their exposure to classic country. Favorite cheatin' and drinkin' lyric so far: "Diane, if you're gonna do him wrong again, you might as well do him wrong again with me." (Ed Bruce 1980)

hahaha! excellent...love the station myself. I used to be able to get 105.3, but they seem to have a tower made of aluminum foil - great to have a local option.
hoodlum98
AG
What about a Texas country music station like 95.9 The Ranch out of Ft. Worth.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:

No thank you.

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant, right?
OlAg2001
quote:

quote:

hahaha! excellent...love the station myself. I used to be able to get 105.3, but they seem to have a tower made of aluminum foil - great to have a local option.

Their tower was damaged when the tornados went through. They are working to get a new one that should be better than before. I really enjoyed that station and hope it is back on air soon.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Will definitely check it out, thanks for posting! Country Legends 97.1 out of Houston is awesome. It's the only station I can get clear reception from College Station all the way to Toledo Bend.
Kashchei
AG
Any chance it comes to iHeart or (preferably) TuneIn anytime soon?

P.S. It was great hearing Dwight Yoakam's version of Suspicious Minds this weekend! One of my favorites.
BrazosWifi
97.7 is not part of the Clear Channel / iHeart conglomerate.

Good news is that Bryan Broadcasting streams online so you can get it anywhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.