Martin's BBQ

1,938 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
jt2hunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really wanted to like this place. I have never eaten here before until today.

I would not recommend this bbq to anyone. So disappointed.

It was cool to go inside a building that has so much history, but the food is not worth it.
The Anchor
AG
Ok. Why?
montegobay
Here we go!
Aggies76
AG
The last time we went there the food was great but we had to wait forever to get it. I would not recommend going there on a tight schedule.
jt2hunt
AG
Brisket was dry and there is no way it was cooked today. The ribs were good, for flavor, but were not cooked today. Fortunately, pork can be reheated with success but the moistness is not there as it should be. Sausage was good.

I am sitting on the throne with stomach ache right now.

I assume if you can get BBQ on the day it is made, it would be good. Does anyone know what day this would be?
jt2hunt
AG
I can get over the wait because of the ambience and history, but not bad bbq.

I really like the pizza place in downtown Bryan. Prescription Pizza in the old drugstore. The hamburger at proudest monkey is pretty good.
SumAggie
best BBQ I've had was two weekends ago. It came off of my WSM after 15 hours of love and attention!
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
best BBQ I've had was two weekends ago. It came off of my WSM after 15 hours of love and attention!
Amen - I smoke pork butts on a locally made smoker with 50 cal shells for handles, pull out racks, and look a like muzzles on the bottom! and yes the pulled pork is amazing.

D_Wag97
AG
I had some old Ag friends in town this past weekend and they wanted to go to Martin's...but they were closed because they were on vacation. It's the way they operate- it seems like they have their 50 loyal bluehairs and they don't care.

We just laughed it off and went to Kreuz's, which was very good compared to when they first opened.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Martins is extremely hit or miss. I've had a few misses there before.

Even when they hit though, there are a few other places in town I'd rather eat BBQ at so I'm not sure there's a real reason to even go to Martins (for me personally).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.