Recommended Custom Home Builders in B/CS?

5,380 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by techno-ag
DrAeroAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are starting to look into building a house on our 8 acre property in the Kurten area, near B/CS. We want to find a home builder who we can trust to do things the right way and in a timely manner. Anyone have recommendations for good home builders? Anyone have cautions for builders we should avoid? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
gus1390
AG
First, go into this process knowing that not all local homebuilders will build outside of the immediate B/CS area. There are many quality builders that will, however. My recommendation would depend somewhat on the size home you are planning to build though.
Justin2010
AG
Check out Flagship Custom Homes
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
First, go into this process knowing that not all local homebuilders will build outside of the immediate B/CS area. There are many quality builders that will, however. My recommendation would depend somewhat on the size home you are planning to build though.

We are about 10 minutes outside Bryan, so we are pretty close to town. Size-wise, we were thinking 2300-3000 sq ft or so.

Thanks!
jja79
AG
When you get ready and if you're going to finance the construction I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss that with you. We're financing several build jobs locally and can offer rates from the middle 2's to low 3's.
aggmaroon
AG
Call Noble Handy at Handy Homes. He has been building custom homes in the area since 1987
979-412-6500
Goose83
AG
I've heard good things about Schaefer:

http://www.schaefercustomhomes.net/
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
When you get ready and if you're going to finance the construction I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss that with you. We're financing several build jobs locally and can offer rates from the middle 2's to low 3's.

Hi jja, Who are you with? What is your contact info?
AgsWin2011
AG
Call John Magruder with Magruder Homes. Awesome guy and a great builder.
curry97
AG
Travis Lyon with Lyon Homes
jja79
AG
Contact info on my profile

We've got some going in Traditions and Saddle Creek right now.
selk
AG
Willis Custom Homes

Clint us the best
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
quote:
I've heard good things about Schaefer:

http://www.schaefercustomhomes.net/

Second recommendation for Schaefer. We bought a Schaefer home in Pebble Creek last year and love it.
skipster
Schaefer is a good guy - live in one of his homes!!
alisoncan
Call Brian at Creekview Custom Builders. Did an amazing job for us and is so easy to work with!

http://www.creekviewcustombuilders.com/
aggielifer79
AG
Another recommendation for John and Magruder Homes.
LabRat
Fossil Builders. Owner is Josh Hyde. Great guy! Great builder!
fossilbuilders.com
techno-ag
AG
Kurten is considered a suburb of BCS. You shouldn't have any problems with builders or service providers. It's about on par with the unincorporated parts of Wellborn, imo. It's in Brazos County, a very nice area, quiet, & zoned for Rudder High School. Congrats on your choice of locale.
Picadillo
Get someone who is big enough and has been around long enough to have some influence with his subcontractors. Lots of young and talented builders out there, but too many of them can't get their subs to respond or schedule on a timely basis. Too many horror stories of families who had to wait forever.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Kurten is considered a suburb of BCS. You shouldn't have any problems with builders or service providers. It's about on par with the unincorporated parts of Wellborn, imo. It's in Brazos County, a very nice area, quiet, & zoned for Rudder High School. Congrats on your choice of locale.

Did not know all that, another great post by techno ag!
Mister Mystery Guest

Mister Mystery Guest
You can't go wrong with Andy Brooks at Flagship or Chris and Clint Willis or John Macgruder.

Are you prepared to spend $145-$150/sq.ft.?

If you want something more custom and are okay with spending a little more, I can give you some other names.
Ric Clark
Call Ryan and have him come out and meet with you regarding your plans for a new home, as he is the best.

Ryan Lundell - Affinity Homes

DrAeroAg05
AG
Thanks for everyone's recommendations. We appreciate the comments. The Mrs. and I plan to start digging into it soon, calling a couple builders to get the process going. Thanks again!
SumAggie
No contest - Mariot Homes. Best in this area.
07AgTH
AG
Easterling Homes - in the process - have had no issues so far
Cayaggie01
AG
Magruder Homes is my vote as well.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Call Lee McCabe at Blackhawk Custom Homes - (979) 574-5606

I know he operates outside city limits, and if you give him a budget, he will keep you there and advise you every time you ask for something that will exceed your budget.

JR Ewing
AG
We used David Schuler of Spirit Design Build...4 years later, and he is still standing behind his product. We had some minor foundation settling, which caused our stone to have cracks in between the individual stones, and he came out and re-cemented all areas of the stone to look perfect. I'd highly recommend him...
AggiePhil
AG
There are many great builders here. A lot of it will depend on price range, location, type/style of home you're wanting, and how well you get along with the builder. For example, I am a huge fan of Mariott and Charles Thomas but they deal in two completely different price ranges and I don't know that either of them would be very interested in building in Kurten (though I could be wrong).

Here's a short list of builders I've been impressed with but again, they may not all be ideal for your specific job.

CGM
Mariott
Easterling
Blackstone
Charles Thomas
Heath Townsend
Spirit Design Build/Dave Schuler
techno-ag
AG
quote:
There are many great builders here. A lot of it will depend on price range, location, type/style of home you're wanting, and how well you get along with the builder. For example, I am a huge fan of Mariott and Charles Thomas but they deal in two completely different price ranges and I don't know that either of them would be very interested in building in Kurten (though I could be wrong).
Coulter Marriott has told me personally they build all over the place, within the 7 county region.

Kurten is in Brazos County, and is only a few miles from BCS. Any respectable builder will/should be willing to build there with no problems whatsoever.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.