Riverside campus weather station - 20"?

4,178 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hammerheadjim
Bob2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to Wunderground, the Riverside campus weather station recorded 20.8" yesterday and 4.6" this morning while the rest of the town stations report 1/4th as much. Was wondering if anyone out there had similar stats.
https://www.wunderground.com/us/tx/texas-a-and-m-flight-test-station/zmw:77807.3.99999
UmustBKidding
Sent email to the person who ran one out there to ask if he knows what is up.
The Original AG 76
AG
It's Sharps fault..

----- REQUIRED AGGIELAND BOARD ANSWER ------
The Collective
AG
Time to calibrate?
agnerd
AG
Looks like it's at 5.76" now. Maybe they corrected it?
LocalAg96
AG
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13263939_10154142775812226_2954137603115934852_n.jpg?oh=6f82661d98547fc838ca99407402a0f3&oe=57CD4422
Not sure if you can read this or not, KBTX posted it with a thread around 2:30am this morning. (From National Weather Service) It says area had received 10-16 inches (that had already fallen) with more happening, and that was before it poured for another couple of hours.
Ornlu
AG
A professor of mine mentioned this gauge a while back. It's actually reporting centimeters. Wunderground just doesn't allow recorders to attach units to gauges, so they just assume it's in inches. Divide all measurements by 2.54
AG
That's 10", still impressive.
Swarely
quote:

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it.
UmustBKidding
Heard back from the person who had it installed. Its a davis and the sensor end of the box and circuit was full of water so any readings yesterday are suspect. They were working on drying out and reinstalling around noon when I heard. It reports inches, always has. TTI is the one who owns the box.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it.

That's what she said!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Heard back from the person who had it installed. Its a davis and the sensor end of the box and circuit was full of water so any readings yesterday are suspect. They were working on drying out and reinstalling around noon when I heard. It reports inches, always has. TTI is the one who owns the box.

The problem is in these new fangled electronic sensors. Ye Olde Rain Gauge is more accurate.
Scruffy
AG
I like my weather rock.
southcsag
Is that the former Riverside Campus and now called Rellis?
BlueMiles
AG
quote:
quote:

The problem is in these new fangled electronic sensors. Ye Olde Rain Gauge is more accurate.

Says techno-ag
techno-ag
Hammerheadjim
AG
Hey 47 at Leonard. Rain gauge recorded 7.96 inches of rain on Thursday between 10:01am and 6:35pm. From 6:35 to midnight another 2.1 inches fell. From Friday 12:01am to 3:15Pm another 2.21 inches fell. Roughly 12.18 inches in about 24 hours. The manual rain gauge overflowed at the 10" mark. I am using an AcuRite Pro system. It also recorded 2 instances during this time of 40+ mph winds.

We have seen flooding where we have never seen it it 25 years out here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.