BRYAN/COLLEGE STATION TORNADO HELP THREAD

13,077 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chucktheaggiejeweler
wysiwyg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks Chuck, it was good to work with you today. Our Central Baptist Disaster Relief team will be deploying again on Saturday and we have a number of community members planning to join us. Our numbers will be way down tomorrow, so anyone wanting to join is welcome, but you will need to meet for a brief training at Central Baptist Church at 7:00am and we hope to carpool and roll out by 7:30. Traffic will be severely limited in the affected area between 8-12 due to tree trucks coming through to pick up the stuff that's already been cut, so we need to take as few trucks in as possible. Please wear a yellow shirt if you have one as well as good work boots and gloves. We got most of the trees off the houses and most places are tarped, so tomorrow will be a lot of general cleanup (and there is a ton to do).
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Thanks Chuck, it was good to work with you today. Our Central Baptist Disaster Relief team will be deploying again on Saturday and we have a number of community members planning to join us. Our numbers will be way down tomorrow, do anyone wanting to join is welcome, but you will need to meet for a brief training at Central Baptist Church at 7:00am and we hope to carpool and roll out by 7:30. Traffic will be severely limited in the affected area between 8-12 due to tree trucks coming through to pick up the stuff that's already been cut, so we need to take as few trucks in as possible. Please wear a yellow shirt if you have one as well as good work boots and gloves. We got most of the trees off the houses and most places are tarped, so tomorrow will be a lot of general cleanup (and there is a ton to do).
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
I need some help today helping a family move out of their home. The man is a veteran, wounded warrior, very sick with cancer, and his wife's name is Patricia. Her phone number is +1 (979) 204-4878

Damn. Just now seeing this. Did you manage to get him moved ok?
mrstsj
AG
I called the phone number listed, and due to the rain today was told they weren't planning on moving until tomorrow. If you are available, you can probably still call tomorrow to offer help. I was told they were still needing help, but unfortunately I have to head out of town to visit family.
Drewmeister
AG
I have a large tarp I'd be willing to donate, if any are still needed.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Eliminatis, they plan to begin at 8am. Call Patricia in the morning. They will welcome the help. I've got a couple of folks going, but that will make it take forever. An army of people would be awesome.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
BaitShack
AG
Does anyone need help today? My daughters and I have some time to volunteer.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Here is where we are now. There is no official opening of Wheeler Ridge yet. That said; if you were to do the following....

Carpool! If you and friends are going to help, please take one vehicle in.

Park on the edges of Wheeler Ridge and walk in. A dolly or wheel barrel to carry tools, ladder, etc, is not a bad idea.

Wear boots and bring work gloves. It is a construction or de-construction zone!

Be mindful and supportive of first responders and city/BTU crews. Many of them have been humping it since this happened. Do not park in front of piles on curbs. Trucks are picking them up right now.

Ask property owners what help they need or if they know of others needing help. We cleared the trees off houses, driveways, etc, but now it is cleanup time. People will need help possibly moving, cleaning up their property, etc. Just introduce yourself and ask how you can help.

Look at your GPS on your phone and begin on the streets of Woodbriar and Windwood Circle (these are two separate streets, not an intersection. In my opinion, they were the worst hit. Once you walk a block, go out from there.

LET'S ALL GO HELP IF WE CAN. THIS IS BRYAN/COLLEGE STATION, WHERE WE LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER!

Please keep praying for your neighbors.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Beautiful day. People here are awesome. Flag down Buppy, he is passing out BBQ sandwiches for volunteers!
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
Jess Fields
Great group of folks out today helping. Still a lot to be done. I feel blessed to live in this community.

Thanks for putting out the calls for help, Chuck, and for alerting about Don and Pat.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
One more tree down in back yard of 4131 Willow Oak in back yard. Can anyone knock that one out?
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
HoustonAg2003
Y'all are amazing....I have a very large tree and fencing debris in my back yard but I am not home and won't be for another day or so. I couldn't ask for anyone to help remove without me being there but I would love any suggestions on a general contractor who would come clear that out for me.
momlaw
AG
I believe Keo and his crew, Landscapes by Design, have been on scene volunteering their efforts. He also got the message out to his entire church exactly how to be a volunteer on the official disaster response crew from Central Baptist.

Might be nice to do business with someone who has been a friend to the neighborhood.

Keo Ehrhardt
979 255 7718

chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
momlaw,

I'll back that up. Keo and crew were on scene helping neighbors for free-ninety nine.

I'll add: Dictson Tree Removal Service, Ike's Small Engine, Josh Hyde - Fossil Builders, as businesses that could have spent time making a ton of cash, if they weren't so busy glorifying God.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
jemma4116
Is anyone available to put something on our roof, the storm pulled the wind turbine off.located in wheel ridge. Thanks
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Jemma,

Text me 979.255.8388
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
jemma4116
Chuck, Tried texting you not sure if you received I think I did it right
Broncos
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Not received. Feel free to call me. Please call ASAP. I'm about to shut the phone off and reconnect with my family. I can tarp your roof after Mass tomorrow. (No rain predicted tonight)
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Drewmeister, still got that tarp? Please text me 979.255.8388
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
momlaw
AG
Thanks, Chuck. Not surprised so many have chosen to help their neighbors. I noticed many brought their young adult children. Living and leading by example. Great community!
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Here's a young lady that could use some help...

https://www.gofundme.com/26r7n6c
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
HoustonAg2003

I'm not sure if anyone is in the area helping today but I'm back home and would love a hand with a large tree and fencing debris.
?dl=0

chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Houston, please text me 979.255.8388
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Facebook page to request help and to answer help:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/229599884089554?tsid=0.9539348499383777&source=typeahead
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Please see the Facebook page to help people and Wheeler Ridge. Many of us will not be working today, and our neighbors need our help. There are two posts on there today that especially need help.

One family needs to empty and gut Sheetrock from their garage and kitchen.

Across town another lady needs help moving and sorting boxes.

Please see WHEELER RIDGE TORNADO SUPPORT on FaceBook.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Big shout out to Brad Albright with Brazos Valley Tree Service too. There was a monster tree on Windwood that was leaning on a home. It was beyond anything I wanted to touch.

Brad took care of that today. Just another guy to consider doing business with. (979) 220-0555
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Brazos Valley Media Gives Back program is in effect again. You can make monetary donations at The Bank & Trust locations and simply notate the donation is for May 2016 Storm Relief.

This will go a long way for temporary immediate help (gas, groceries, clothes) for our neighbors in need.

Please consider donating.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.