Westgate Shopping Center

1,828 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by techno-ag
lightswitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just putting feelers out there.

Westgate strip along welborn rd. Anyone had any experience with the people who lease those spaces? Do you think it's a good location for a new business or is it a "dead zone"?

Thanks in advance.

R
PS3D
It's out of the way for most student populations, Swamp Tails did not get a lot of love from NG crowds
Look Out Below
AG
Depends on the business. Kai's donut shop is killing it in that center.
4Runnergurl
yeah it really depends on the business. my friend's salon is doing really well there, but a restaurant i don't think it's a good location for that unless they advertise!
jja79
AG
Swamp Tails is closed?
montegobay
Swamp Tails is alive and well.
isitjustme
AG
quote:
It's out of the way for most student populations, Swamp Tails did not get a lot of love from NG crowds
Swamp Tails is too far to walk from Northgate in our society of drivers. I do think that the new apartments going up across the street from ST will be very helpful. As another poster stated, I think a little more advertising could help them as well.

Westgate Center was basically away from large populations in the past, but as Wellborn and the rest of the area is being more built up, I think the Westgate Center is a great location.
Kitten With A Whip
Back in the day we used to frequent a nightclub there called XTreme. The place was packed every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights! There used to be a laundromat there for many years, but not sure if it's still there or not. I have also noted that many restaurants seem to have a hard time there, even the really good ones.
Look Out Below
AG
I totally agree with the advertising comment. It's pretty important, especially for non-chain businesses, to advertise here. The kids flock to what they are familiar with; that's why the chains are so successful here. You have to get in their ear or in front of their eyes to shake that up.
95_Aggie
AG
It would help if they fixed the place up a little bit.
UmustBKidding
Texas burger. #1 special Hamburger & Egg roll
Jetty
AG
Loved Texas burger!! Always a dilemma.....egg roll or fries......
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I totally agree with the advertising comment. It's pretty important, especially for non-chain businesses, to advertise here. The kids flock to what they are familiar with; that's why the chains are so successful here. You have to get in their ear or in front of their eyes to shake that up.
Absolutely true. And the locals need to know about new places too so they can support those places over the summer when the student population dips.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.