Breakfast in B/CS

2,099 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr_mo8268
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need an ole time breakfast joint in B/CS when visiting, I DO NOT need non gluten wheat, ground on stones from the sea, powered by Yaks feed on organic, antibiotic free feed. I want ole time, bacon, eggs (Sunny Side Up), biscuits and cream gravy. Is there a non Politically Correct place to get this kinda breakfast, perhaps where the old waitress calls you 'Honey'? Oh yeah, forgot crispy hash browns!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
AggiePhil
AG
http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2746271
The Collective
AG
Does Wellborn count?
isitjustme
AG
The Kettle in Bryan would fit that bill - definitely not politically correct and not as slow as IHOP and Denny's.

Unfortunately, since Deluxe Diner closed, there hasn't been a go-to breakfast place for me. I like the Mexican food breakfast places but they don't have biscuits and gravy. Others like those named above plus cracker barrel are big chain and seem like it - I recommended The Kettle b/c it seems the least like big chain. And then there are the places like Hullabaloo and The Village, which don't seem like they're what you're looking for.
halibut sinclair
Casa Rod
CEAg78
AG
The Kettle at SW Pkwy and Texas.
jja79
AG
Shannon's.
KidDoc
AG
Blackwater draw or World of Beer!

edit: only on Sunday though
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AG
The Kettle.
Clo004
The Kettle!
isitjustme
AG
quote:
The Kettle at SW Pkwy and Texas.
The CS Kettle is fine as well. I recommended the Bryan location b/c the SW Pkwy location usually has a lot more customers and the chance of having to wait and slower service are higher at that location. Otherwise, the food is pretty much the same and the staff are friendly at both Kettles.
techno-ag
AG
Cracker Barrel in Bryan or Dixie Cafe in Hearne.
FlyRod
Plenty of old timers frequent The Kettle so that would fit your bill.
Mark Fairchild
AG
agrab86, Man, you brought back some good memories of the Deluxe. What a great place, I guess we started eating there in 1988 when middle child enrolled. Dunno how long prior to that it was open. It was a kinda lean too cheap burger joint up to when graduated in 70. If I remember correctly had a dirt floor.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Mr_mo8268
AG
why can't we have one original cafe. It has always surprised me there isn't a regular breakfast spot in town. If someone opened a breakfast, lunch, and dinner place near campus it would crush it imo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.