Unable to access cstx.gov with Suddenlink internet service?

4,091 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cstxweb
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone else with Suddenlink internet service unable to access www.cstx.gov? For the past couple of months, I have been unable to access any page on the entire cstx.gov domain. Obviously this is a problem since the COCS website is our portal for many city services.

The router and modem have been ruled out as potential causes. I first thought the problem might be limited to my specific neighborhood but, according to Suddenlink, it is occurring on a [seemingly] random basis with a small number of people across town.

Suddenlink claims that the problem lies with the City of College Station's firewall (which was apparently changed recently), despite the fact that only Suddenlink customers are affected. City of College Station IT folks claim that the problem lies with Suddenlink, despite the fact that the COCS website is the only one affected. I don't know who to believe.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?
Average Joe
AG
Works just fine for me.
I had a problem about a month or two ago when I was trying to pay my utility bill online. I could get to the website but it would not allow me to gain access to the payment feature. I did eventually work it out but it was a pain in the behind.
redd38
AG
http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2742608
TLIAC
AG
Did you get it to work yet? Working just fine at my house.
carpe vinum
AG
I would get DNS errors before with Suddenlink. Rebooting the router usually fixed it.
ShookAg
AG
Try changing your DNS to use Google's public DNS and see if you get a different result - if so, it's suddenlink's DNS. If it still happens it could be suddenlink's proxy.

Google DNS

I have suddenlink, i use Google DNS - never had a problem with access

AggiePhil
AG
quote:
Did you get it to work yet? Working just fine at my house.

Nope, still not working. This has been going on for a couple months now. It only seems to be a small number of Suddenlink customers--most aren't experiencing the problem.

quote:
I would get DNS errors before with Suddenlink. Rebooting the router usually fixed it.

Yeah, this isn't a router or modem issue. Those have been ruled out.

quote:
Try changing your DNS to use Google's public DNS and see if you get a different result - if so, it's suddenlink's DNS. If it still happens it could be suddenlink's proxy.

Been using Google's DNS for some time now. Still no luck.
zachsccr
AG
Not working for me either (Suddenlink customer). Nothing working on my computer or phone while connected to the wifi. When I disconnect my phone from the wifi I can get a page to pull up, but I still can't get logged on.
carpe vinum
AG
Weird. Using Chrome?
AggiePhil
AG
Have tried Chrome and Safari. Happens across all devices (two MacBooks and two iPhones).
BlueMiles
AG
I'm wondering if you're being assigned public IP addresses, or private ones.
carpe vinum
AG
Might also try the tech support forum at the very bottom. It's not a texags deal, but there are a bunch of smart geeks there that might help.
jemma4116
Have you also tried unplugged the cord from the phone jack to the modem or router?
UmustBKidding
Am willing to try to get to the bottom of this for you, but suggestions in public forum is not effective strategy.
Username at conspiracy dot net.
Good network guy at cocs went to utilities and Web person is let's say interesting.

Mon Dow 2000
AG
I could not connect to CSU yesterday. I had to pay my utility bill at work.
cstxweb
If you (or anyone you know of) are still having trouble getting into anything that is .cstx.gov please go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and send your IP address to webmaster@cstx.gov
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.